Education Nonprofit Program Manager, West Coast
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is seeking an Education Nonprofit Program Manager, West Coast. The Program Manager oversees and directs program strategy and design for NFTE’s experiential curriculum and quality youth in-school and summer entrepreneurship programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, West Region, this position is responsible for creating and overseeing the implementation of the NFTE program and curriculum across the area. The Program Manager needs to be teacher-centric in developing innovative ways to support teachers with their classroom needs and the NFTE curriculum.
The Education Nonprofit Program Manager, West Coast is instrumental in maintaining and developing relationships with district leaders, school administrators, teachers, and local colleges and universities as well as attracting and developing relationships with new schools, networks of schools, and potential partners.
The ideal candidate will be based out of the Bay Area and will work from a strong foundation in order to use already proven methods and create and design new strategies to best implement and deliver NFTE programs. The position requires rich creativity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strategic thinking.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing overall operational support to all programmatic activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the Lead Teacher Corps in implementing instructional support model services.
- Allocate available resources to the various Action/Work Plan strategies and activities implemented out of her/his Regional office.
- In coordination with the Lead Teacher Corps, assess needs of NFTE teachers, and provide professional development and instructional monitoring support.
- On a quarterly basis, review NFTE assessment data and evaluate teacher reports.
- Share findings with Lead Teacher Corps.
- Maintain files and communications to stakeholders (newsletter, etc.).
- Evaluate staff and/or interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establish a routine schedule of school visits to monitor program instruction, classroom size, and attendance, and to undertake teacher observations, lesson plan design, and implementation.
- Support school-initiated activities such as open houses, academic competitions, parent night, etc. when possible.
- Participate in the general teacher screening & selection of teachers.
- Participate in identification of candidates for Lead Teacher Corps interviewing processes, and final selections.
- Oversee and monitor the use of program resources throughout the region.
- Oversee and coordinate Teacher Training.
- Identify training needs of teachers.
- Participate in the design and organization of quarterly PLCs.
- Gain understanding of partner schools’ cultures.
- Capture program outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in school engagement conversations and onboarding as directed by the Executive Director, West Region.
- Staff may share Alumni, Volunteer, and Event responsibilities under the direction of the Executive Director.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in business, nonprofit management, entrepreneurship, education or policy is preferred.
- 3-5 years' people management experience is required.
- 3-5 years' strategic planning and implementation or project management experience.
- Strongly prefer 5-10 years’ experience teaching middle school or high school, working closely to develop teachers and/or principals or developing and implementing system-wide reform strategies.
- Experience working in schools in the region and/or familiarity with the school districts in the area is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display strong leadership, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with business concepts.
- Customer service and customer satisfaction orientation.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required. The Education Nonprofit Program Manager, West Coast may be frequently at school sites and regularly visiting with multiple teachers each week. Mileage reimbursement provided.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM databases is a plus.
- This is a full-time position to be based within the West Region (Bay Area preferred).
- NFTE positions are currently 100% remote - utilizing employee home office locations. Where feasible, WeWork type locations may also be utilized as needed combined with remote work from home settings.
- This position will have a consistent presence in the field working to support programs and collaborate within the K-12 space (post-COVID19); 70-80% travel during busy months is not uncommon. Mileage/Transit reimbursement provided for approved travel.
- Standard office work environment; necessary office tools provided.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission.
- Competitive salary with a total rewards of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid sick time)
- Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave, Short and Long term Disability, and “NFTE Time” (additional paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare services
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings (transit and parking services)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational projects)
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Telecommuting (via remote work from home options)
NFTE is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset – skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving – prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on underserved communities across the U.S. and in 14 other countries around the world.
Go to NFTE’s Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter, noting you learned about this position on philanthropy.com. In your cover letter, you must respond to the following:
- Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States? __ Yes __ No
- Will you now or in the future require NFTE to sponsor an immigration case to employ you for (e.g., H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? __ Yes __ No
- Are you subject to any restrictions (i.e., non-competes or any other prior employment commitments) that would inhibit your ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position at NFTE? __ Yes __ No
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
A cover letter and your response to the questions above are required. We will only contact applicants who provide a cover letter.
Due to the high number of anticipated applications, NFTE cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive a reply and thank candidates in advance for their understanding.
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of our culture. NFTE actively welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!