Director of Grant Relations, Lake Erie College
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT FOR ADVANCEMENT
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, SALARIED
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of director of grant relations. The director of grant relations is responsible for the overall management of the grants program at Lake Erie College. Responsibilities include the writing of grant applications for philanthropic support to foundation and corporate stakeholders, as well as the cultivation of new grant relationships. The director works collaboratively with the director of stewardship in providing timely reports to grant and corporate partners as outlined in the various grant agreements.
The director will manage all campus-wide grant activity, working collaboratively with deans, faculty and staff, and coordinate various deadlines for submissions. The director also maintains relationships with the key administrative personnel at various foundations with particular attention to new grant opportunities for Lake Erie College.
- Determines a match between institutional needs and initiatives and the funding priorities of organizations, and maintains the list of current grant relationships between the College and our foundation and corporate sponsors.
- Writes and submits proposals for support and is responsible for annual reports back to the donor organization as outlined in submission guidelines.
- Works collaboratively, and in a timely manner, with College deans, faculty and staff in the preparation of grant submissions.
- Acts as the coordinator in directing various grant submissions, with particular attention to deadlines and follow-up with various foundation and corporate partners.
- Identifies new grant opportunities as they directly relate to academic and institutional needs.
- Coordinates all reports of grant awards to various foundations and corporations as outlined in the original grant criteria.
- Acts as the primary contact officer with various leadership at foundations and corporations.
- Other duties as assigned by the vice president for advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred.
- Three to five years of direct grant writing experience with a successful record of securing grant awards with specific experience in education.
- Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the College’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, staff, senior academic leaders and the IA team.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a demonstrated record of completing assignments and the ability to work independently while also working as a member of the IA team.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three to five professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Director of Grant Relations Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.