Washington Research Foundation (WRF) has an opening for a full-time Finance Associate.
WRF is an independent nonprofit organization that provides around $10 million in grants each year to support life sciences and STEM research in Washington state. The Finance Associate will support the Chief Financial Officer and other members of staff in all areas of WRF’s financial activities.
Supporting the CFO and other members of staff in all areas of WRF’s financial activities
- Processing accounts payables in MS Dynamics Great Plains, including grants, vendor payments and staff expense reimbursements
- Entering accounts receivables, including Venture Center tenant and licensing payments
- Monthly reconciliation of public portfolio statements
- Budget reviews with CFO
- Annual audit preparation and administration
- Preparation of annual 990PF with CFO
- Annual processing of 1099 forms
- Grant forecasting with CFO and Director of Grant Programs
- Accurate maintenance of grant and private venture investment databases
- Private venture portfolio tracking and review
- Report building via Salesforce and Great Plains
- Salesforce administration and updating
- Project support for WRF managers
- Ability to organize and structure information from a variety of sources
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, problem solve, be proactive and prioritize multiple projects
- Responsiveness and a willingness to lead preparation for meetings
- Experience in using MS Dynamics Great Plains or equivalent finance software
- Experience in using Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- 5-7 years professional experience (nonprofit or grant-making preferred)
- Accounting experience required
- The WRF team is currently working remotely due to COVID-19 but expects to return to its offices in Seattle’s Eastlake neighborhood during the summer
Salary and benefits:
- The annual salary range is $70,000 to $80,000, depending on experience. WRF provides medical, dental and vision coverage for its employees
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain advertised until filled. We strongly encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible
Washington Research Foundation values diversity in its team and is an equal opportunity employer.
About Washington Research Foundation:
Washington Research Foundation (WRF) supports research and scholarship in Washington state, with a focus on life sciences and enabling technologies.
WRF was founded in 1981 to assist universities and other nonprofit research institutions in Washington with the commercialization and licensing of their technologies. WRF is one of the foremost technology transfer and grant-making organizations in the nation, having earned more than $445 million in licensing revenue for the University of Washington and providing over $115 million in grants to the state's research institutions to date.
WRF Capital, the Foundation’s venture investment arm, has funded 112 local startups since 1994. Returns from these investments support grant-making activities at WRF.
For additional information, please visit www.wrfseattle.org.