Senior Digital Marketing Strategist - Various Locations
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Senior Digital Marketing Strategist initiates, drives, and implements integrated digital marketing initiatives which drives thought leadership, enhances users’ experiences, and achieves the organization’s business goals. The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist is a data-driven critical thinker who leverages analytics and best practices to identify opportunities to enhance the user experience of WWP’s various audiences. The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist serves as the conductor across cross-functional teams to integrate and amplify content and brand messages across digital channels. (Digital properties include main site, Cool Careers, Carry Forward & Community Fundraising platforms, Newsroom, and other warrior interfacing websites).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inform strategy, standards, website development, new innovations, and ongoing optimization of WWP’s digital properties that facilitate high-quality user experiences for warriors, family members, donors, supporters, and general public throughout their journeys.
- Serve as conductor for ensuring and implementing fresh content and brand messaging consistency across digital properties that align with organizational priorities and business goals.
- Identify and work with others to implement optimizations based on data, research, trends, best practices, and goals of the organization to enhance user experience and performance of digital properties.
- Collaborate with Insights & Analytics team to ensure proper tracking to measure effectiveness, identify opportunities, and deliver insights across business units.
- Collaborate with Web Administrator to execute development enhancements that improve user experiences and performance of digital properties.
- Collaborate with content and asset creators, including graphic designer, multimedia, PR, social media, and external vendors to coordinate assets for various channels.
- Support Web Administrator and IT team to recommend new development, technology, and design relating to cross-developmental and design projects.
- Partner, manage, and track vendor relationships on SEO efforts to ensure digital properties and its content performs according to strategy, including WWP main site, donation forms, fundraising platforms, and Newsroom.
- Effectively and proactively ensure that wwp.org represents the mission, vision, and values of WWP, and the important work we do every day on behalf of America's injured veterans.
- Participate in process improvement activities and on project teams as appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and other industry-related platforms.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and interact effectively with diverse individuals to build effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated understanding of budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve using excellent reasoning abilities, and demonstrating sound judgment.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of experience as a Digital Marketing Strategist or similar role.
- Five years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies.
- Three years of hands-on experience with Content Management Systems, SEO, Google Analytics, and CRM software.
- Three years of experience working in a creative agency.
- Two years of project management experience.
- One year of experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or relevant field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree
- Google Analytics Certified.
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals.
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 10% travel.