Regional Director, East Coast
For over 30 years, EarthShare has worked across sectors to engage millions of people and thousands of workplaces in supporting the health of our planet, and to date, has distributed more than $375 million to fuel the work of its Nonprofit Partners. EarthShare participates in over 600 public and private sector workplace fundraising and engagement campaigns, delivers strategic environmental programming, and processes more than one million donor transactions and 4,000 grants to the nonprofit sector annually.
Building on a history of success, EarthShare recently completed a strategic planning process aimed at evolving the organization for the future and is committed to significant shifts in strategy in order to scale its influence, operations, and increase positive impact for the planet. Moving forward, EarthShare will focus more than ever on exploring innovative approaches for bringing new and more diverse groups of people and organizations into the environmental movement, while delivering greater value for our Nonprofit Partners. Our staff and partners will work collaboratively to become the go-to community for inspiring and accelerating the environmental action necessary to ensure a more just and sustainable future for all.
We are seeking a Regional Director based in the Eastern United States to lead, manage, and inspire our growing network of mission aligned stakeholders. The Regional Director will be a seasoned professional with a proven track record of account management, sales/fundraising, creative problem solving and program development. Specific experience with workplace giving programs or SaaS product sales is seen as a major asset. As part of a highly cross-functional team, Regional Directors report to the SVP of Campaigns & Regional Programs and the VP of Impact, and will work closely with all program areas to advance EarthShare’s mission by delivering EarthShare products and services, and through regional organizing geared toward creating tangible impact for people and planet. EarthShare seeks candidates who are motivated to be a public face for the organization, thrive on regularly engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders, embody an entrepreneurial spirit, and are eager to create a more just and sustainable future.
The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the nonprofit sector; experience with or an interest in environmental issues and sustainability more broadly; deep connections to regional networks of businesses, funders, nonprofits and other stakeholders; curiosity for creating impact by leveraging EarthShare’s unique position within the nonprofit, corporate, and public sectors; and significant experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will bring a stellar record of fostering collaboration and communication with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, a desire to leverage technology to create value and impact, a growth-oriented mindset, and a strong interest in learning by doing.
Regional Directors will play a critical part in the organization’s next phase of growth and must embrace the creativity and tenacity required to create something truly special. We need team players that share our vision of making EarthShare one of the most respected, inclusive, and impactful organizations on the planet. People who are passionate about scaling an organization and creating a legacy of environmental action are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Function as the primary EarthShare representative in the East Coast region, driving product and program sales and delivery, serving as the primary account manager for EarthShare business partners, and conceptualizing how EarthShare delivers the greatest value and impact in the region.
- Grow the number of businesses, nonprofits, and other organizations that subscribe to EarthShare services. Services include a robust employee engagement and giving platform, strategic philanthropic advising, content services, and more.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and public face for EarthShare in the region.
- Engage in regional public speaking events and other PR opportunities to grow awareness of the EarthShare brand.
- Spearhead the planning and delivery of regional projects, programs and events in collaboration with regional stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to help source relevant content from the region and assist with the development of resources needed for sales, account management, and other regional needs.
- Work closely with the Nonprofit Network Director to provide strategic direction for potential business / nonprofit partnerships based on a company’s specific goals and requirements.
- Collaborate with the Nonprofit Network Director to help grow the network of nonprofits in the region.
- Support additional custom corporate partnerships where relevant.
- Support EarthShare’s campaign team by representing the organization at relevant events within the region.
- Collaborate with members of the Leadership Team to secure fundraising and sponsorship support for projects in the region.
- Maintain accurate database records in Salesforce.
- Positively contribute to the organization’s culture, accountability, transparency, and impact.
The future Regional Director will:
- Have significant experience in sales, fundraising, and/or corporate partnerships. Experience with B2B sales and SaaS product sales are preferred. A college degree or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Have a track record of meeting and exceeding sales/fundraising targets through a combination of grit and creative thinking.
- Have demonstrated excellence in ideating, developing, and implementing new products and processes, to increase efficiency and maximize results.
- Have the ability to deliver expected outcomes within budget and time constraints.
- Have professional and personal passion for and alignment with EarthShare’s mission and vision.
- Have a proven track record of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
- Experience with and knowledge of pressing environmental issue areas, organizations, key funders and partners in the environmental field.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Comfort with adopting and learning new technologies.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and event hosting (in person and virtual).
- Exceptional written, oral, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, self-directed, and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for location flexibility. Preference will be given to candidates residing in a location on the Eastern Seaboard with proximity to a major metropolitan area. The starting salary is competitive, with the opportunity for periodic review and performance-based growth. EarthShare promotes a work-life balance, a flexible schedule, and offers an excellent benefits package, including generous paid-time off, parental leave, health, dental and vision insurance, and participation in a 403b retirement plan with a competitive match.
EarthShare is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, skills, and experiences, knowing that the more inclusive we are, the more successful we will be.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. Include your name and “Regional Director East Coast” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be notified by email. The deadline to apply is June 22, 2021. To learn more about EarthShare, please visit our website at earthshare.org.
Apply for Regional Director, East Coast
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly