Senior Manager, Inbound Strategist
EarthShare is committed to amplifying environmental impact by providing individuals, businesses and nonprofits with inspiration and tools to work together for a just and sustainable world. The Senior Manager, Inbound Strategist is a newly established role that will develop and manage the strategy and execution of online inbound marketing initiatives to increase brand awareness and promote organizational products and services. The position will report to the VP, Communications and Marketing and will work closely with other departmental staff to achieve EarthShare’s growth and impact goals.
This role will develop and execute effective inbound marketing strategies and campaigns to accomplish the strategic priorities and business development goals of the organization. Primary responsibilities include showcasing EarthShare’s new brand identity, delivering high-quality inbound leads for its products and services, and supporting ongoing development of stakeholder audiences through digital initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the inbound marketing funnel and experience with creating and managing digital marketing campaigns that include audience segmentation and span multiple channels. Additionally, the candidate will bring significant digital marketing experience in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment and a proven track record of effective digital strategy execution. Agile and strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and communication with a diverse set of internal partners will be crucial candidate qualities.
This role will play a critical part in the organization’s next phase of growth and must embrace the creativity and tenacity required to achieve our vision of making EarthShare one of the most respected, inclusive, and impactful organizations on the planet. Candidates who are passionate about scaling an organization and creating a legacy of environmental action are strongly encouraged to apply.
For over 30 years, EarthShare has worked across sectors to engage millions of people and thousands of workplaces in supporting the health of our planet, and to date, it has distributed more than $375 million to fuel the work of its nonprofit partners. EarthShare participates in more than 600 public and private sector workplace fundraising and engagement campaigns and delivers strategic environmental programming, products, and services.
Building on a history of success, EarthShare recently completed a strategic planning process aimed at evolving the organization for the future. We are committed to significant shifts in strategy in order to scale our influence, operations, and increase positive impact for the planet. EarthShare will focus on exploring innovative approaches for bringing new and more diverse groups of people and organizations into the environmental movement, while delivering greater value for our business and nonprofit partners. Our staff and partners will work collaboratively to become the go-to community for inspiring and accelerating the environmental action necessary to ensure a more just and sustainable future for all.
- Develop and lead an inbound marketing strategy (sales funnels) and work with Marketing and Communications and other staff to deliver on that strategy.
- Provide expertise to inform end-to-end inbound marketing, including content, workflows, and lifecycle stage optimization tactics.
- Establish processes for extracting, managing and analyzing data, and apply a data-driven approach and best practices to optimize engagement on digital/social media channels, and provide regular reporting on inbound campaigns.
- Develop and manage strategy to target key audiences and nurture leads through a mix of content and calls-to-action via channels including email, social media, blogging, and advertising.
- Deliver Marketing Qualified / Sales Qualified leads to achieve conversion goals that include growing our subscribers, business partnerships, donors, and nonprofit partners.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team on the development and delivery of content and communications that highlight EarthShare’s key services, products, and impact.
- Manage and collaborate with content producers to ensure timely development of quality content suited to meeting audience needs and goals.
- Project management to ensure scope and budget are met.
- Contribute to the maintenance of accurate database records in Salesforce connected to funnel activity.
- Positively contribute to the organization’s culture, accountability, transparency, and impact.
- A proven track record in developing an overall inbound marketing strategy and productive sales funnels.
- Expertise in end-to-end inbound marketing, including content, workflows, lifecycle stage, and optimization tactics.
- Familiarity with SEO and inbound strategies to inform website development and platform functionality determinations and planning.
- The ability to identify challenges and establish, track, and adjust strategic approaches that ladder up to achieving key success metrics.
- Proficiency in common digital marketing methods and best practices, including marketing automation, split testing, conversion paths / conversion rates, and B2B / B2C marketing and the buyer’s journey.
- Exceptional familiarity with the most current technology, platforms and strategies to build audience awareness and develop productive sales funnels for MQLs / SQLs and platform traffic.
- A commitment to staying current on new technology and digital marketing strategies and opportunities.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in CMS such as MailChimp.
- Experience with establishing and managing Google AdWords campaigns.
- The ability to manage established metric targets and recommend and accommodate new ones within budget and time constraints.
- The ability to work independently, manage workflows, monitor progress toward established goals, and manage collegial cross-collaboration with departmental
- A professional and personal passion for EarthShare’s mission and vision.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Strong writing skills to assist in creation and editing of content as needed, and the ability to communicate technical topics for a variety of audiences.
- Familiarity with SAAS platform marketing and promotion.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector or a relevant field (environmental or social impact, philanthropy, public policy, nonprofit management, corporate social responsibility, or management consulting).
- Strong interest in committing professional expertise to the advancement of environmental initiatives a plus.
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, self-directed, and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for location flexibility. The starting salary is competitive, with the opportunity for periodic review and performance-based growth. EarthShare promotes a work- life balance, a flexible schedule, and offers an excellent benefits package, including generous paid-time off, parental leave, health, dental and vision insurance, and participation in a 403b retirement plan with a competitive match.
EarthShare is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, skills, and experiences, knowing that the more inclusive we are, the more successful we will be.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. Include your name and “Sr Manager Inbound Strategist” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be notified by email. The deadline to apply is June 22, 2021. To learn more about EarthShare, please visit our website at earthshare.org.
Apply for Senior Manager, Inbound Strategist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly