Leadership Giving Officer (2 available), Phoenix Rescue Mission
Like the Phoenix Rescue Mission itself, the Office of Leadership Giving is living an exciting moment: the process of discovery and reinvention in alignment with the transformation at the Mission. Tasked with generating philanthropic support from individuals, families, corporate and foundation partners with unprecedented donor care and engagement, the team faithfully follows the Mission's six Core Values of servant leadership, empowerment, restoration, vision, excellence, and stewardship. By promoting creativity, team-building and connectivity while employing best industry practices, the team continues its evolution into a dynamic unit focused on performance excellence and collaboration.
Mission-driven; donor-centered and data-informed, serving colleagues, clients, donors and the community, the team works closely with Chief Executive Officer Ken Brissa, Senior Director of Leadership Giving Abby Muller, the Board of Directors and the Mission's Ambassadors on strategic advancement priorities. Most recently, it adopted an innovative development leadership structure designed to fully bring the culture of philanthropy to life. The Mission is making significant investments in its leadership giving and planned giving capacities by growing its team by three individuals, including two Leadership Giving Officers.
Do these descriptors match you?
• A go-getter with a servant’s heart and a passion for the craft of fundraising
• An ambitious solution-seeker who wants to help donors build the Kingdom
• A faith-filled believer with an active relationship and walk with Christ
• Emotionally intelligent, attuned to others
• Socially conscious, wanting to be part of a movement for change in the greater Phoenix area
• A self-starter who enjoys collaboration with colleagues and takes prides in their growth
• A hard-worker who is as independent as team-oriented
• Motivated by goals and energized by accomplishing the desired outcomes
• A seasoned fundraiser and a proven leader
The Leadership Giving Officers will report to the Senior Director of Leadership Giving and will be able focus fully on portfolio management and relationship building without the responsibilities of staff supervision. These roles are designed for professionals with a working knowledge and more importantly, a true passion for donor-facing fundraising. You will focus the vast majority of your time on creating and growing a portfolio of donors and prospects with major giving capacity of at least $25,000 over multiple years. The successful candidates will:
* Bring authentic and passionate fundraising leadership and a heart for the work
* Be responsible for the direction and production of your portfolio of individual and institutional prospects, including major gifts, foundation/corporate giving as well as embrace prospect research and analytics
* Help develop and implement professional processes and activities in all areas related to leadership giving as part of the building of the "new culture"
* Achieve top performance as measured by number of visits, successful moves management of assigned prospects, timely asks and superlative stewardship
* Stay accountable to leadership and be open to ongoing management and supervision including portfolio assignment, performance evaluations and professional development
* A credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions
* A bachelor’s degree from a recognized four-year college or university. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
* Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and positively with other fundraising staff and success in relationship building with strategic external allied professionals
* A history of success in leading fundraising activities and creating a culture of philanthropy; a passion and talent for building and maintaining authentic relationships
* A proven record of personally securing current, deferred, or blended gift commitments
* Knowledge of nonprofit governance, organizational administration and Biblically-inspired relationship building and staff interaction in a nonprofit environment
* An ability to keep matters confidential and to demonstrate honesty, loyalty and respect
* A strong and demonstrable skill set in efficiently implementing multiple projects and activities with various deadlines simultaneously
* The ability to thrive in a consultative, diverse, inclusive and ever-changing environment
* Digital fluency with a comfort level with back-end development
(Raisers Edge or comparable)
Carpe Diem Fundraising, a national nonprofit & ministry consulting firm, is pleased to be assisting Phoenix Rescue Mission in these important searches. Confidential expressions of interest, for either yourself or another potential applicant, are welcomed. To engage the search process by applying or learning more, please either e-mail your materials or contact Scott Koskoski, Founder & Principal Consultant or Jessi Marsh, Senior Partner.
Scott Koskoski Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org; (720) 648-2722 mobile
Jessi Marsh Contact Information: email@example.com; (412) 841-7449 mobile
Apply for Leadership Giving Officer (2 available), Phoenix Rescue Mission
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly