Director of Development & Communications
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
JOB CATEGORY: Development
TITLE: Director of Development & Communications
REPORTS TO: President & Chief Executive Officer
REPORTING STAFF: Development Coordinator
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development and Communications is responsible for all aspects of fundraising as well as all marketing and communications efforts for the organization.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for the development, management, and execution of Maryvale's essential fundraising programs – major and planned giving, individual and corporate donors, private and corporate foundations, and special events.
The Director of Development and Communications is also responsible for the oversight and management of the marketing and communication for the organization by Maryvale’s external marketing and communications partner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
- Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a role model in carrying out the Mission.
- Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
- Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
- Utilize Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma has played in the lives of the clients/residents.
- Assist in the healing process by developing appropriate RICH® (Respect, Information, Connection and Hope) relationships with those served.
- Follow Universal Precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
- Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety and the use of equipment/machinery.
- Support Maryvale’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan and participate in discussion regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or analysis.
- Be knowledgeable, aware and able to discuss Maryvale’s resources, projects, programs, and services for children and families.
- Contribute to the strategic long-term vision of Maryvale through innovation, improvement, initiative, and implementation of department initiatives.
- Create and implement an annual fundraising plan, timeline and budget with clear fundraising targets and measurable
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with current and prospective individuals, business and foundation supporters with the primary goal of increasing awareness and support for Maryvale’s mission and programs.
- Serve as primary liaison for all interactions with the Los Angeles Orphanage Guild by attending all meetings and supporting them in achieving their goals of fundraising, community awareness and personal interaction with Maryvale programs.
- Oversee and manage the grant writer and lead fund development efforts, maintaining appropriate communication with foundation representatives, presenting sound and timely grant proposals and ensuring that grant reports are produced and submitted in a timely
- Develop and implement a comprehensive major giving program.
- Manage and grow Maryvale’s legacy and planned giving program.
- Oversee the Development Coordinator to ensure all events are produced in a way that successfully engages current individual and corporate donors, as well as identifies potential new opportunities for support.
- Collaborate with and oversee the Development Coordinator in the production of all development marketing materials and direct mail pieces, ensuring they are meeting the organization's fundraising needs.
Marketing and Communications
All marketing and communications duties are performed together with Maryvale’s Senior Leadership Team and external marketing and communications partner.
- Oversee and manage the creation and implementation of a marketing and communications strategy for the organization.
- Oversee and manage the creation of all marketing and communications materials that share Maryvale’s mission and programs in ways that deepen awareness and understanding and build support both internally and externally.
- Oversee and manage the creation and maintenance of content for Maryvale’s website, social media and email communications.
- Oversee and manage Maryvale’s social-network presence, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hands on approach to organizing and hosting special events and presentations targeted at community education as well as establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of development as well as marketing and communications strategies and make recommendations of proposed changes to the President and Chief Executive Officer as necessary.
- Report to the President and Chief Executive Officer using required reports and other created management tools that monitor progress and help in strategic
- Provide a quarterly report to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors summarizing fundraising and communications activities.
- Build effective partnerships with Associates, volunteers, Board members and community
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant nonprofit development and marketing and communications experience.
- Proven ability to identify, cultivate, acquire and steward gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Superior communication, organization and interpersonal skills that can articulate a compelling case for the mission-driven services provided by the
- Positive, proactive and personable team player with a sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, external vendors and other supporters.
- Work independently and possess strong management and organizational skills.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers and facilitating teamwork in support of a diverse fundraising program.
- Demonstrated self-starter with creative, problem solving and analytic thinking skills.
- Proficient organizational skills enabling the management of multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timeframes.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Donor Perfect preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform successfully the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associate may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for Director of Development & Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly