The Grants Manager is responsible for directing and leading the grants program. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants Manager works closely with the Chief Development Officer and 30th Street Senior Center Director, Chief Strategy Officer, and Chief Executive Officer to create and implement the overall strategy for grant proposals to foundations, government entities, and organizations. The Grants Manager persuasively communicates On Lok’s mission and program to establish community partnerships and engage potential and current funders. In addition, the Grants Manager assembles and submits LOIs, proposals, and reports; manages relationships with foundation officers; and conducts research.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements the grants strategy.
- Leads the grant writing program and create and execute on the grants and contracts annual plan.
- Solicits foundations and apply for government contracts in support of On Lok's mission.
- Researches new funding opportunities.
- Collaborates closely with senior team members.
- Manages all aspects of grant submissions, including assemble and submit grant requests, letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Negotiates contractual provisions and administer contracts to ensure compliance with funder requirements.
- Ensures prompt acknowledgement of foundation and other institutional gifts.
- Works with finance to prepare reports for funders.
- Ensures On Lok maintains strong personal relationships with foundation contacts, relevant government officials, and program officers.
- Communicates the organization's mission and programs to potential funders.
- Creates the grants and contract annual budget.
- Works with the Donor Database Specialist to capture and maintain accurate data.
- Creates, runs and analyzes reports as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Uses stories, compelling writing, and salient data to communicate complex issues and programs.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, keep processes moving forward in a timely manner, and meet deadlines.
- Can resolve complex issues quickly and collaboratively with programs, finance, and operations.
- Collaborative workstyle combined with a high degree of personal accountability.
- Can create and execute on a plan. Analytical and research skills.
- Skill in using budgets to support proposals and grants.
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge, Salesforce and Foundation Center databases and other computer programs as needed.
- Strategic and creative thinking, hunger to grow and learn personally and professionally.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to climb and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Apply for Grants Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly