The Events Manager is a dynamic, creative, and self-motivated professional fundraiser responsible for expanding On Lok's presence in the philanthropic community.
The Events Manager solicits sponsorships and leads fundraising events and programs including On Lok Celebrates, an annual gala in San Francisco that raises over $500,000.
On Lok employs a strategic, relationship-based, major gift fundraising model that is highly collaborative, results-oriented, and fast-moving. The position reports directly to the Director of Development and is part of a team of eight development professionals in San Francisco that raises $5 million per year and collaborates closely with programs, the Senior Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages On Lok fundraising and special events including logistical planning, implementation, and follow-up.
- Builds donor engagement. Develops sponsorship arrangements with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting On Lok events and activities. Discovers, cultivates, and solicits event sponsors
- Manages Community Sponsored Events, extends invites and RSVPs, and submits check requests and branding materials, as requested by host organization.
- Manages event committees and coordinates fundraising event volunteers, including staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement. Supervises and coordinates event contractors.
- Prepares, tracks, and manages the annual events goals and budget. Reports on revenue and progress to goals.
- Coordinates the donor recognition program including all levels of donor pipeline activity from new acquisitions to major donors
- Partners with Donor Database Specialist to develop and maintain event and corporate volunteer database in Salesforce.
- Works closely with the marketing and communications team to publicize events; design advertising, collateral and communications; produce and distribute marketing; maintain On Lok website; and engage social media networks
- All other duties as assigned.
- A sense of humor and collaborative approach to work is essential. Must also be able to adapt to changing priorities and new challenges as they arise with good humor and a calm and mature demeanor.
- Competency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud. Ability to learn and adapt to new software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to interact with a individuals including community leaders, committee volunteers, executives, health care professionals, employees, and the general public professionally and in a way that strengthens relationships.
- High-level organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in project management and budget management
Proficiency with online marketing, communications, and social media strategy a plus.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for Events Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly