Prospect Management Analyst
Responsible for prospect management of constituent pipeline and portfolios assigned to gift officers in order to support the university's fundraising and engagement efforts. Implement methods to evaluate portfolio productivity; build and maintain gift officer portfolios; provide enhancements related to prospect management and donor data. The Prospect Management Analyst will report to the Director of Prospect Research and Management.
- Monitor individual fundraiser portfolios; evaluate portfolio composition for cultivation and solicitation strategies; compile prospect lists and manage pool of constituents. Prepare portfolio analytic reports to inform gift officers on moves management progress and activity. Facilitate, conduct, prepare and follow up portfolio review and strategy sessions.
- Perform ongoing analysis of data; review prospect research to assess the effectiveness of development strategies. Provide recommendations for enhancing the prospect pool and gift officer portfolios.
- Develop initiative-specific prospect lists aligned with key fundraising goals using advanced technical tools, queries, dashboards and data exports.
- Collaborate with prospect researchers to identify, qualify, assess, rank and prioritize prospects; make recommendations for portfolio assignment. Review screening results for accuracy and thoroughness to expand the prospect pool.
- Continually review and identify best practices, trends and methodologies in prospect management to implement new and innovative approaches to prospect management. Share prospect management best practices and procedures with gift officers and other division colleagues.
- Provide support in writing research documents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in liberal arts, information systems or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Reasonable knowledge and understanding of University policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in prospect management/prospect development or in a comparable analyst, information specialist or project management role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data collection, verification and analysis using online prospect management tools.
- Experience with LexisNexis for Development Professionals, foundation and other online prospect management tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills are a must. Ability to work successfully with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, prioritize and plan work activities while meeting respective deadlines. Strong organizational and time-management skills required. Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple creative projects in various media, often at the same time. Maturity, sound judgment and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment.
- ANALYTICAL AND PRESENTATION SKILLS: Ability to evaluate, interpret, and present complex information effectively in professionally prepared documents or presentations. Must possess a demonstrated attention to detail in order to achieve a high degree of accuracy.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Proficient in the use of complex administrative systems software, preferably in the higher education environment. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel.
- LEARNING AGILITY: Independent and innovative self-starter who displays an ability to learn quickly and easily adapts to changing situations. Experience researching topics to gain knowledge and understanding when information gaps exist.
- TEAMWORK: Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues within the division and other units to gain full understanding of the project and desired outcome; ability to produce high quality and consistent results with assistance of team members; provide support to teammates when tackling complex projects.
- Meets and maintains the standards set forth by the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Remote position for the right candidate will be considered.