Corporate Partnerships Specialist
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Corporate Partnerships Specialist collaborates with the WWP Corporate Partnerships team and builds relationships with corporate sponsors, individual donors, and foundations, and secures high-dollar, multi-year funding to achieve Wounded Warrior Project’s fundraising and revenue goals.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify new corporate sponsors, develop relationships with them, increase their awareness of Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) programs and services, and engage them programmatically with WWP.
- Oversee requests, leads, and contacts and engage accordingly.
- Effectively communicate to new corporate sponsors the value of the WWP programs and services delivered to wounded warriors and their families when asking for their financial support.
- Obtain new corporate sponsors financial support at six- and seven-figure levels and multi-year gifts.
- Manage the current corporate sponsors portfolio. Maximize these professional relationships to meet the objectives of both the sponsors and WWP.
- Collaborate and work effectively with multiple internal WWP teams and with external corporate sponsors teams.
- Manage projects between WWP and its corporate sponsors.
- Work with WWP Legal team, Communications team, and Marketing team to incorporate corporate sponsors’ logos on WWP items.
- Create and maintain a professional network on behalf of Wounded Warrior Project.
- Leverage corporate relationships to engage individual donors, foundations, and employees by working cross channels internally.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of an organization and build successful and effective relationships.
- Experience stewarding corporate, foundation, and individual donor partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and complete assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and utilize critical thinking skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations (MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level, self-starter, and willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of account management experience.
- Five years of experience fundraising or outside sales.
- Three years of experience working with senior management and executives.
- Five years of marketing experience.
- Five years of experience working in non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.