Campaign Director (virtual)
UltraViolet is hiring a Campaign Director to help us drive cultural and political change to advance an intersectional feminist agenda.
Since 2012, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization advocating for gender justice issues using creative, strategic campaigning and digital-first organizing. UltraViolet drives feminist cultural and political change by exposing the white supremacist patriarchy and creating the conditions for a more just and equitable world for all.
Together with our more than 1.2 million members, we have taken over 17 million actions driving feminist cultural and political change. UltraViolet members have taken down major misogynists from Bill O'Reilly and Harvey Weinstein to Roger Ailes and Rick Ross, led the fight nationwide to combat racist and sexist disinformation during the 2020 election, campaigned for justice for women of color murdered by law enforcement, forced Google to stop promoting harmful and deceptive anti-abortion clinics, and more.
We work across a broad spectrum of interconnected issues that impact women's lives, including violence against women, disinformation, health care, economic security, reproductive rights, and racial justice. In all of our work, we center frontline communities disparately impacted by sexist policies and practices, especially Black women, Indigenous women, women of color, people with disabilities, low-income women, immigrants, survivors, and LGBTQ+ people.
If fighting for a world beyond white supremacist patriarchy--a world where all people can thrive with freedom and dignity--ignites your passion, then UltraViolet is the organization for you!
UltraViolet is an organization of women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and LGBTQ+ folks. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
The person in the Campaign Director role will be part of a team transitioning methodologies, testing new strategies that marry rapid-response energy with long-term campaign strategy, and honing a laser-sharp focus on making UltraViolet's vision for the world--a world beyond white supremacist patriarchy--a reality.
You should have a proven ability to run high-profile, mediagenic campaigns that engage hundreds of thousands of people, utilize rapid-response campaign opportunities, and garner national media attention. You should have a deep dedication to making long-term systemic and cultural change, paired with an eye for mobilizing in rapid-response opportunities.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Five to eight years working in digital campaigning, organizing, communications, advocacy, or other relevant experience
- Proven experience running scaled digital campaigns
- Sharp strategic and advocacy knowledge and instincts
- Experience working in intersectional feminist organizing and/or racial justice organizing
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish, independently and as part of a team
- Proven writing ability in a relevant setting; experience mobilizing people via email and mobile
- Knowledge and experience managing political and cultural issues that primarily impact women, in a fast-paced, rapid-response, media-driven environment
We're hoping that you'll bring one or two (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with communications and media strategies, and a proven track record of generating earned media
- Experience driving corporate accountability campaigns
- Experience working on reproductive justice issues
- Experience growing member email lists, both paid and organic
- Experience fundraising from a membership list
- Experience with and understanding of cultural organizing and/or electoral politics
- Experience working with ActionKit or a relevant member database CRM
You will thrive in this role if you're someone who:
- Thrives while working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently and as a team
- Is flexible and able to pivot seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment while handling multiple complex, deadline-driven tasks and priorities
- Is an excellent project manager, managing processes seamlessly from start to finish
- Loves working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a low-ego, collaborative environment
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits for employees, and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 14 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for child care for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game, and #pets and #joy Slack channels, that knows how to have fun while furthering our mission
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.