As the sport's national governing body, USA Lacrosse provides national leadership, structure, and resources to fuel the sport's growth and enrich the experience of participants.
USA Lacrosse believes that a diverse staff best positions our organization to fulfill its mission. We strive to attract and maintain a team of talented and dedicated professionals who reflect the diverse nature of our membership and the national lacrosse community, and we are committed to a staff culture that ensures everyone feels welcomed and valued.
The Director of Development is responsible for creating, leading, implementing, managing and supervising the execution of a comprehensive fundraising program for the USA Lacrosse Foundation. This position is focused on increasing philanthropic revenue and support for strategic, mission-critical programs and creating a sustainable culture of philanthropy. This role assists with the management of the USA Lacrosse Foundation Board of Directors, including the coordination and oversight of the Boards gift solicitation assignments; manages relationships and solicitations for a portfolio of major gift prospects and current donors; and provides leadership for the Foundation Department at USA Lacrosse (USAL).
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and execute annual fundraising plans that secure financial support for strategic priorities of USA Lacrosse
- Use data-driven methodologies and techniques to identify prospective donors
- Provide coordination for all solicitation activities
- Provide management of the major gifts program, including moves management and prospect assignment
- Directly manage the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of 75-100 major gift prospects
- Supervise the annual giving program, to include the design of fundraising strategy, creation of marketing and solicitation materials, personal solicitation plans and stewardship
- Collaborate effectively with staff and volunteers to identify funding opportunities, collaborate on solicitation strategies, and cultivate prospective donors
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure consistent and effective communication strategies that enhance fundraising opportunities
- Supervise the Foundation Department staff, including recruitment, hiring, performance management and evaluation
- Develop and manage the Foundation Department budget
- Assist the Vice President/CRO in the management and support of the USAL Foundation board of directors and their fundraising activities
- Attend and present at USAL Foundation Board meetings and quarterly conference calls
- Serve as staff liaison to select USAL Foundation Board committees
- Serves as a champion of USA Lacrosse diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Provide timely updates and reports as requested to the Vice President/CRO
- Work occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary
- 25% travel
- Other duties as assigned