Senior Manager of Individual Giving, Social Services
The Seamen’s Church Institute (SCI) is North America’s largest mariners’ service agency with an annual operating budget in excess of $6 million. Founded in 1834, SCI provides pastoral care services, maritime education and training, and mariner advocacy for the workers who transport billions of tons of cargo each year across the world’s oceans and along our nation’s inland waterways.
SCI seeks a dynamic fundraising professional to build and enhance our individual donor efforts. This is a new position. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Manager of Individual Giving will be responsible for managing the organization's annual giving efforts, setting strategy and executing fundraising plans for sustaining and growing the number of annual donors, the size of individual donations, and the conversion of annual donors to future Campaign donors. In addition, the Senior Manager will also support planned and major giving efforts of the Development Director and the President & Executive Director.
- Work with the Development Director to develop systems and practices for multi-level individual giving strategies
- With the Development Director, implement the IG pipeline to secure increased donations and new donations, increasing revenue and the number of donors
- Develop and personally manage a portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Oversee production of timely, tailored acknowledgements
- Support Development Director with all solicitations and meetings
- Prepare major gift proposals including data, budgets, and promotional materials
- Collaborate with development staff, to create cultivation opportunities for individual donors
- Plan, oversee and implement segmented and targeted mail, social media and email campaigns
- Work with data staff to oversee records in the database including individual profiles, reports, and research profiles on prospects and donors
- Participate in SCI events as needed.
Essential Skills, Abilities and Requirements
- Seven years of individual development experience at a nonprofit organization
- Strong writing skills with the ability to take organizational concepts and build compelling fundraising proposals
- Experience at social service/ educational and similar non-profits
- Understanding and appreciation of the organization's overall mission, goals, and objectives
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and produce quality results with attention to detail
- Experience in outcome measurement
- Knowledge of strategic planning, non-profit budgeting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend SCI fundraising events
- Ability to problem-solve, work within a team and provide support.
This full-time position will be remote initially then based at SCI’s New York City headquarters. Partial remote work may be feasible. The position will require occasional visits to our Port Newark facility and our Paducah KY and Houston TX sites. SCI offers a competitive salary, generous paid leave, comprehensive insurance options, and matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.