Office of Development - Director of Annual Giving
Montefiore and Einstein seek an experienced, highly motivated fundraising professional to join a growing team as the Director of Annual Giving. Reporting to the Senior Executive Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving will play a critical role in strengthening, measuring and expanding Montefiore and Einstein’s annual giving efforts. S/he will be charged with increasing annual giving revenue (i.e. gifts up to $50,000), broadening the base of support across audiences and strengthening the major gift pipeline.
Working closely with the Director of Major Gifts, the Director of Alumni Relations and the Director of Prospect Development, the Director of Annual Giving will meld data-driven decision making and industry best practices with an understanding of Montefiore and Einstein’s rich history and tradition to create a compelling and effective fundraising strategy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, develop and implement a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines and evaluation plans for Montefiore and Einstein’s annual giving program, to include identification, cultivation and soliciting of annual gifts from grateful patients, alumni, parents and friends.
- Specifically, create and oversee a comprehensive fundraising
plan and appeal calendar for:
- Donor solicitation series (print and digital)
- Grateful Patient fundraising program (print and digital)
- Alumni solicitation series (print and digital)
- Department-specific annual solicitations (print and digital)
- In close partnership with colleagues across the organization, provide creative and strategy support for Einstein Giving Day and Giving Tuesday efforts
- Conceive, develop and launch a Loyalty Society designed to acquire, retain and upgrade donors of $1,000 or more.
- Lead an effort to build a culture of digital philanthropy by understanding and deploying best practices in social media, web-based target marketing, interactive appeals, and other emergent digital trends.
- Work with key internal and cross-departmental partners to ensure personal and consistent messaging and positive donor experiences.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Qualifications Include
- Bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of experience, ideally gained in a sophisticated fundraising environment (i.e., one that has generated $10 million or more on a regular basis).
- Highly motivated self-starter who is engaging, resilient and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent ability to set priorities, plan long-term, manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with a methodical approach to work.
- Superb analytical thinking skills to be able to assess situations and react appropriately.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of business implications of decisions and ability to align work with strategic goals.
- Skilled at relationship management, collaborating with colleagues across campuses, and encouraging and facilitating open communication.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff, management, donors, and external contacts.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Experience in working with Raiser's Edge or similar database highly desirable.
- Highly skilled at MS Office Suite.
To be considered:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a résumé, cover letter summarizing their interest and background to Maria D'Oro, email@example.com.
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Office of Development - Director of Annual Giving
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly