Office of Development -Development Associate, Major Gifts
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Development Associate will work collaboratively with a team of three Major Gifts Officers to cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from Montefiore and Einstein donors, grateful patients and friends. This role is key to the effectiveness and smooth functioning of the team and will have primary responsibility for scheduling, material development and distribution as well as other administrative duties. A successful candidate will soon have the opportunity to develop a small portfolio and manage special projects.
- Support team workflow and donor and prospect moves management by monitoring and driving the major gift team’s solicitation and stewardship calendars.
- Function as the “front door” for major gifts donors and prospects, responding to email and phone inquiries and resolving or routing appropriately.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the department on stewardship projects and/or special events as appropriate, especially relating to loyalty or legacy societies.
- Draft memos, letters, proposals and reports in connection with primary responsibilities as directed for the department.
- Manage all aspects of scheduling and preparing for both internal and external meetings (i.e. team meetings, donor visits, etc). Prepare materials and agendas, take meeting notes, arrange for catering and distribute materials for follow-up.
- Maintain a small portfolio of prospects in the $1,000-$5000 range, with the goal of soliciting and upgrading as appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have earned a bachelor’s degree and have 1-2 years of work experience (either as an employee or intern) in an office setting, preferably in advertising, development, alumni, special events, public relations, marketing and/or research. Intermediate/advanced proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) required; familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge database or a comparable fundraising database preferred.
Expected experience and personal qualities include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and establish credibility with diverse audiences, including physicians, scientists, students, faculty and alumni.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong passion for and commitment to Montefiore and Einstein’s mission; interest in growing responsibilities.
To be considered:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a résumé, cover letter summarizing their interest and background to Maria D'Oro, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.