Senior Manager of Institutional Giving, Social Services
The Seamen’s Church Institute (SCI) is North America’s largest mariners’ service agency with an annual operating budget in excess of $6 million. Founded in 1834, SCI provides pastoral care services, maritime education and training, and mariner advocacy for the workers who transport billions of tons of cargo each year across the world’s oceans and along our nation’s inland waterways.
SCI seeks a dynamic fundraising professional to build and enhance our institutional donor efforts. This is a new position. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Manager of Institutional Giving will be responsible for managing SCI’s institutional donor relationships with foundations, corporations and government agencies.
• Work with the Development Director and staff to assess and develop fundraising goals and strategies around programming and operational needs from corporate foundations, private foundations and government entities
• Prepare materials for proposals including data, budgets, marketing materials, and work samples
• Prepare timely reports to funders at end of fiscal year/grant period
• Research and develop current and upcoming grant opportunities
• Create opportunities to cultivate corporate and institutional donors
• Manage institutional records in the database including institutional profiles, run reports, and prepare research profiles on prospects and donors
• Produce receipts and individualized acknowledgment letters for all institutional gifts.
Essential Skills, Abilities and Requirements
• Seven years of grant writing and institutional development experience
• Strong writing skills with the ability to take organizational concepts and build convincing fundraising arguments
• Experience at social service/ educational or similar non-profits
• Understanding and appreciation of the organization's overall mission, goals, and objectives
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills; ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and produce quality results with attention to detail
• Ability to problem-solve and multi-task
• Experience in grant compliance and outcome measurement
• Knowledge of strategic planning; non-profit budgeting and reporting
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to work within a team and provide support.
This full-time position may allow for remote work. Visits to our NYC headquarters, Port Newark facility and our Paducah KY and Houston TX sites will be required. SCI offers a competitive salary, generous paid leave, comprehensive insurance options, and matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Apply for Senior Manager of Institutional Giving, Social Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly