Development & Marketing Manager
Our nonprofit organization is looking for a self-motivated Development & Marketing Manager. The Development & Marketing Manager will report to the Chief Development & External Affairs Officer (CDEAO) to support the agency’s strategic fundraising and marketing goals. This is a dynamic position that includes fundraising and marketing responsibility with a strong connection to Covenant House Greater Washington’s (CHGW) programmatic work and mission.
We are looking for a team player who enjoys variety in their day to day operations; has high standards for the quality and integrity of their work output; and possesses the emotional intelligence to conduct themselves with the appropriate professionalism and discretion, while demonstrating respect and courtesy to staff, volunteers, and CHGW young people. The successful candidate will have 7+ years of experience, will be high energy, dedicated to excellence and eager to tackle the challenges of a fast paced work environment.
Covenant House Greater Washington is the region’s leading non-profit in transforming the lives of young people experiencing homelessness, disconnection and exploitation between the ages of 18-24. For 25 years, CHGW has served as a lifeline for more than 54,000 young people fulfilling its mission to: empower, protect, and serve homeless, disconnected and exploited young people across Greater Washington with absolute respect and unconditional love. We provide beneficial supports and services to help them transition into adulthood economically independent; breaking the cycle of youth homelessness and poverty.
Bottom of Form
The Development and Marketing Director serves a central role in the efficient operation of the Development & External Affairs Department by providing administrative and programmatic support to advance fund raising and marketing initiatives.
- Work with the CDEAO to create and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for development to secure donors and increase fundraising opportunities.
- Research and cultivate relationships that lead to increased funding and a diverse funding stream
- Build brand awareness, including positioning
- Coordinating marketing projects from beginning to end
- Develops promotions along with the CDEAO
- Support and partner with the CDEAO on events and major fundraising initiatives including foundation grants, annual gala, Sleep Out, corporate sponsorships, and individual donors.
- Cultivate and develop grantee relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals, and other entities.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development/marketing plans.
- Collaborate closely with the communications lead on all fundraising-related and corporate communications
- Oversee the documentation of donor information and ensure the processing of appropriate gift acknowledgments.
- Manage portfolio of contributors, including corporate sponsors, foundations, and donors, and steward relationships to ensure donor satisfaction.
- Build off of existing high organizational regard in the foundation and policy communities to diversify revenues including -but not limited to major gifts, planned giving, digital, service and other innovative philanthropic models.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Apply for Development & Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly