Mid-Atlantic Regional Director of Philanthropy, Coast Guard Foundation
The Coast Guard Foundation is a national non-profit serving the men and women of the United States Coast Guard. They were founded in 1969 to provide academic, athletic, and morale needs to Coast Guard Academy cadets who were not already covered by federal funding. The Foundation expanded its mission in 1986 to include all Coast Guard members and their families. Since the expansion, the Coast Guard Foundation has provided millions of dollars in college scholarships to Coast Guard members and their families and aid to those in need. They have also provided morale gear, exercise equipment, learning materials, computers, and more to cutters, bases, and units across the country.
The Coast Guard Foundation is seeking a Regional Director of Philanthropy to play a critical role in engaging the Mid-Atlantic Region donor base and securing annual, major, and planned gifts to increase organizational revenue. The Regional Director develops and implements metrics-driven development, solicitation, and stewardship plans for a portfolio of 150 donors capable of giving at least $1,000 annually, with a focus on donors capable of making $10,000+ gifts. The Regional Director coordinates with headquarters staff and regional major gift colleagues to maximize giving opportunities. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including 3 to 5 years in a fundraising role.
- Demonstrated success in all facets of major gifts fundraising, including prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation, or equivalent experience in such fields as financial advising, sales, marketing, or non-profit management.
- Record of securing donations or investments at the $10,000+ level.
- Prior experience working with Board members and volunteers to increase their comfort and participation in fundraising and other development-related activities.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or another donor database and Microsoft Office suite.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree or certification, such as a CFRE, is preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Coast Guard Foundation. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Apply for Mid-Atlantic Regional Director of Philanthropy, Coast Guard Foundation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly