Development Officer - Remote
University of the People (UoPeople) is the "Education Revolution". It is the first non-profit, tuition-free, American-accredited online university. Dedicated to opening access to higher education globally, UoPeople is designed to help qualified high school graduates overcome financial, geographic, political, and personal constraints keeping them from collegiate studies. The university offers associate and bachelor's degree programs in business administration, computer science, and health science as well as an MBA program and a master’s degree in Education. UoPeople was founded in 2009 and accredited in February 2014.
Reporting to the Vice President for Development, the Development Officer is responsible for creating and managing a portfolio of 150-200 current and prospective donors and supporting their philanthropy through the management of long-term, donor-centered relationships in support of the University of the People.
Full-time Remote position.
- Conduct at least 150 visits per year with prospective and current donors
- Raise a pre-determined amount a year in individual funding from prospects and donors, while contributing as well to collaborative departmental funding goals.
- Conduct major gift activities for prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of assigned donors and prospects.
- Ensure donor management is documented in the CRM and aligned with moves management strategies and organizational strategic plans and priorities.
- Conduct donor prospecting through research, networking, key volunteers, and members of the University and through organizing events.
- Develop annual and long-term plans for assigned donors in support of their annual and special gifts.
- Ensure assigned donors receive appropriate stewardship, recognition, and thanks.
- Execute tailored major gifts materials including briefings, proposals, and stewardship materials.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, and annual activities to achieve annual activity and revenue goals.
- Create and manage UoPeople regional councils
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in front-line fundraising with a focus on major gifts.
- Demonstrated track record of successful prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with a variety of partners.
- Excellent organization skills needed to manage multiple priorities and projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, online environment, collaborating closely with UoPeople colleagues in multiple international locations.
- Appreciation of a diverse population, representing the full spectrum of cultural, political, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds.
Apply for Development Officer - Remote
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly