Assistant Director of the Macalester Fund, Young Alumni
Macalester College seeks to hire an Assistant Director of the Macalester Fund to work in its Advancement department. This position will increase Macalester’s current and future fundraising capacity through the management and oversight of a comprehensive young alumni giving program. The Assistant Director works closely with volunteers, colleagues across Advancement, and campus partners to coordinate and support young alumni engagement and giving.
- Manages all aspects of the Young Grand Society program, including overarching strategy, development of communications, retention, and acquisitions. Contributes to the growth of the program by identifying and personally soliciting Young Grand Society prospects. Supports Young Grand Society volunteers in their solicitation of classmates.
- Recruits and manages Class Agents in assigned class years. Serves as an ‘expert’ in the assigned decades and influences messaging and fundraising tactics and strategies to be particularly effective with those decades, ultimately resulting in increased participation and dollars raised overall for each class year. Contributes to the overall development of the Class Agent program through collaboration with other Macalester Fund staff.
- Collaborates with colleagues across the Engagement department to develop and support engagement opportunities for young alumni with the ultimate goal of increasing support for Macalester. Plays a key role in developing and executing social media strategy for young alumni audiences. Co-leads steering committee of yMac, Macalester’s young alumni volunteer group.
- Leads class gift strategy for young alumni Reunion years, including setting goals, supporting Reunion year volunteers, and providing updates and communications input for Alumni Engagement staff leads.
- Collaborates with Macalester Fund colleagues to develop outreach, engagement, and solicitation strategies for graduating seniors during the transition to becoming young alumni community members.
- Engages in and promotes Macalester’s culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status or orientation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years of related experience in fundraising, development, or volunteer management.
- Build positive, collaborative relationships that underscore confidence in Advancement among colleagues, across campus, and with our constituents.
- Demonstrates the commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Actively engages in learning and practicing principles of social justice and inclusion.
- Experience with a variety of written, verbal, and virtual/social media communications methods
- Ability to evaluate volunteer management strategies and solicitation strategies.
- Ability to analyze giving trends in various decades and giving society.
- Managing multiple class years and their goals, managing giving society development and growth.
- Be able to advocate for the value of a liberal arts education.
- Have the ability to work respectfully with sensitive and confidential information.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities web-page by June 18, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.