Individual Giving Specialist
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Individual Giving Specialist oversees and manages all aspects of qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors. The Individual Giving Specialist will contribute to overall fundraising goals through solicitation of participatory, recurring, and leadership/major gifts. This position will be responsible for growing the number of new donors and retaining and upgrading current donors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following and this list is not all inclusive:
- Is responsible to ensure all job duties are performed in-line with and in support of the Mission of Anthesis.
- Develop and launch an annual individual giving plan with measurable strategies and tactics to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit individuals to increase the number of donations and annual philanthropic revenue to Anthesis.
- Regularly conduct prospect research on existing donors, new donors, and non-donors to qualify individuals for a moves-management system.
- Identify individuals for recurring and leadership/major giving, prepare personalized donor engagement plans, solicit individuals for recurring and leadership/major gifts, and ensure prompt follow up to close gift.
- Plan and manage all annual individual giving campaigns (Spring and Giving Tuesday/Year End), including but not limited to determining campaign messaging and branding, writing outstanding campaign communications for direct mail, social media, and email, developing a comprehensive segmentation strategy, and ensuring that every aspect of the campaign is executed successfully.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, develop a highly visible and branded recurring and leadership giving club, including but not limited to creating collateral and communications that supports the launch of the giving club.
- Strategize tactics to solicit donors for the recurring and leadership giving club and create a year-long engagement plan for members.
- Conceptualize and implement meaningful opportunities to engage non-donors and prospects in the Anthesis mission and community.
- Execute diligent cultivation and solicitation of non-donors and prospects to into donors and increase rate of acquisition.
- Network with the local community, attend community-based meetings such as Chamber of Commerce, Service Clubs, Mayor’s Committee, etc., and professionally represent Anthesis at public, social, and business gatherings.
- Input accurate and complete records of all communications with donors and prospects. Conduct regular and ongoing portfolio analysis, communicate outcomes and challenges, suggest portfolio adjustments, and update the database as needed. Work with the Director of Development and Communications to create advanced data queries and generate reports to track donors, donations, and revenue.
- Lead the effort to maintain strong relationships with individuals and oversee all stewardship, including the implementation of creative and compelling donor recognition. Support donor loyalty by gathering, creating, and sharing compelling messaging and stories that illustrate the impact of philanthropy on Anthesis programs and mission.
Apply for Individual Giving Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly