Director of Partner Services - Flexible Location
Listen4Good (L4G), a sponsored project of the Fund for Shared Insight and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, helps nonprofits and government agencies build the capacity to listen and respond to their clients, leading to positive changes in the way they make decisions, deliver services, and partner with the people they serve. Grounding our work is a fundamental belief that high-quality feedback, when fully embraced by organizations, can catalyze consistently inclusive and equitable relationships with clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Since 2016, more than 550 organizations have used Listen4Good’s proven approach and vetted resources to listen and respond to the opinions and preferences of those they serve. Now, building on the experiences, research, and learnings from the last five years, we have developed new Listen4Good programs under a fee-for-service business model and are seeking a Director of Partner Services to develop relationships with foundations and nonprofits, grow our customer base, and enable even more organizations to build and improve their capacity to listen.
As Director of Partner Services of Listen4Good (L4G), you will:
- In partnership with the Managing Director, provide strategic leadership in instituting and scaling a sustainable earned revenue business model, designing strategies to 1) work with foundations to underwrite/sponsor L4G for their grantees, 2) sell L4G directly to nonprofits, and 3) position L4G to establish itself as an independent organization by 2023.
- Initiate and cultivate lasting 1:1 relationships with a range of philanthropic partners, connecting L4G to their strategic goals and creating opportunities for them to sponsor grantees’ participation in L4G as a capacity building opportunity.
- Build and qualify a pipeline of prospective nonprofit customers, leveraging existing connections and researching and initiating new relationships.
- Support a marketing consultant in developing marketing channels, articulating the value proposition to nonprofits and funders, and establishing L4G’s brand as the premier organization for nonprofit client feedback.
- Create awareness of L4G with nonprofit associations, networks, and other partners; seek out mutually-beneficial ways to collaborate.
- Collaborate with L4G program leadership on refining existing services and developing new services.
- Ensure effective operations by strengthening and/or building systems, tools, and processes that support new business development and client management.
- Contribute to an organization culture that values collaboration, learning, equity, and the potential of nonprofit client-centered feedback to create meaningful change.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are energized by the power of listening and feedback. You bring excitement for L4G’s model to support organizations to use feedback to create positive change. You are committed to social justice, racial equity, and inclusion, with a genuine interest in amplifying the voices of the people least heard in society.
- You are knowledgeable about philanthropy and nonprofit capacity building. You bring first-hand experience working with organizations and programs that build the capacity of nonprofit organizations, ideally in a foundation, grantmaking, or other philanthropic setting.
- You have a knack for new business development. You utilize best practices in business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing and sales with the goal of acquiring new customers. You understand how to build strategic alliances, reach new audiences, and expand a client base.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by growth and big goals. You are action-oriented and eager to grow something new. You tackle problems as they arise and take advantage of available resources to address challenges and opportunities. You enjoy figuring out the pieces of the puzzle and see barriers as an opportunity to work through.
- You’re a strategic thinker with the ability to implement tactically. You set goals and objectives, translate ambition into tangible activities and results, and analyze performance using data and insights. You are motivated to bring in business and hit revenue goals.
- You are a thoughtful relationship builder and engaging communicator. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that helps you to build lasting relationships both internally and externally. You communicate ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You have strong presentation skills and convey integrity and empathy when presenting to a group.
- You are a flexible, self-directed, well-organized, and willing team member. You are at home in a lean environment with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of rapid change. You play well with others, pitch in wherever is needed, and are comfortable with shared responsibility.
- You are a catalyst for racial and social justice work. You hold an analysis of racial and social inequities and systems of oppression. You have a demonstrated track record of working effectively across lines of difference and bringing an equity lens to your work. You thrive in a work culture that values diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
Listen4Good operates as a virtual organization and offers a flexible work environment that supports the wellbeing of our team. This position can be based anywhere in the United States but we have a strong preference for someone based in the Pacific time zone. This is a near full-time contract position with an hourly rate of $150/hour and is planned to convert to a full-time salaried position with benefits by 2023.
We strongly encourage individuals who reflect the communities whose voices we seek to amplify, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color and LGBTQ individuals, to apply.