Assistant or Associate Director of Strategic Investments
Summary: The Strategic Investments team is responsible for securing revenue from institutional donors including corporate foundations, institutions and government entities and managing these relationships. The team works across departments to create strategies for effectively deploying restricted revenue.
- With the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Strategic Investments, and the Assistant Director of Strategic Investment, set and raise the organization’s annual institutional giving budget from foundation, corporate, and government sources.
- Manage, solicit, cultivate, and steward a portfolio of funders, prospects, and suspects with the capacity to donate six and seven figure gifts.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of proposal requirements, eligibility, restrictions, proposal and reporting deadlines, and other pertinent information with supervisor and CDO.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments and Girls Inc. affiliates to ensure that organizational strategies are funded and implemented effectively.
- Produce compelling top-level funding proposals that link funder priorities with Girls Inc. goals and initiatives. Ensure that proposal materials meet funder criteria, are persuasive, accurate, well targeted, and meet funder deadlines.
- Ensure timely coordination of deliverables and reports for funders.
- Assist with grant budgets and budget justifications. Assist in monitoring grant expenditures in conjunction with Finance Department.
- Prepare professional letters of inquiry to potential funding sources and collaborating sources, and letters of support/commitment for grant applications.
- Formulate, implement, and recommend short-term and multi-year fundraising plans for foundation, government, and corporate sources.
- Responsible for the development and stewardship of long-term relationships with grantors and potential grantors.
- Minimum three (3) years of successful corporate, foundation and government relations experience.
- Entrepreneurial approach, with a proven track record of securing increased and new institutional grants of $250,000 or more.
- Demonstrated knowledge of foundation and corporate funding communities, and success in building long-term relationships that lead to larger grants.
- Experience with successfully securing and stewarding state and federal government grants
- Demonstrated success identifying and qualifying new institutional prospects.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with a demonstrated ability to write compelling and strategic letters of inquiry, funding proposals, and stewardship reports.
- Excellent numeracy skills, with a demonstrated ability to create budgets and financial reports
- Ability to work in partnership with a wide range of constituents, including foundation representatives, government officials, faculty members, colleagues, and affiliate executives.
- Ability to travel periodically (including staffing the CEO, COO and CDO) with occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be able to appreciate, embrace and advance
diversity and have experience with working with multicultural
populations, and adhere to all Girls Inc. Organizational Values,
- Recognize and support the strength in every girl
- Respect the dignity of each human being anddemonstrate genuine care and concern for the well-being of others.
- Understand and appreciate diversity, embraceinclusiveness, and advance equity.
- Drive for results anchored in integrity and accountability.
- Collaborate for impact.
Assistant Director for Strategic Investments: $76,032 - $88,577 (minimum qualifications as noted above)
Associate Director for Strategic Investments: $82,016 - $95,549 (commensurate with substantially more expertise, experience and education than stated qualifications)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume including a cover letter to: email@example.com by July 18, 2021. Applications received after that date and time will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
GIRLS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
More searches like this
- Fundraising For-Profit Companies jobs in New York City
- Corporate and Foundation Relations For-Profit Companies jobs in New York City
- Fundraising Administration For-Profit Companies jobs in New York City
- Grant Seeking For-Profit Companies jobs in New York City
- Major Gifts For-Profit Companies jobs in New York City