Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for soliciting, securing and stewarding major gifts from prospective donors. Create alumni and entertainment industry engagement activities to build both the Denius UTLA Center and Moody College of Communication brands. Assist in the marketing of the program.
Job Details:General Notes This position is based in Los Angeles, California. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Responsibilities
LA-based and West Coast Moody College alumni, donors, corporations
to build stronger ties to the UTLA Denius Center and Moody College
as a whole, through alumni and donor events.
with college and development professionals to support
interdisciplinary projects and to maintain collegial working
relationships. Participate in appropriate development meetings and,
college and university events.
Moody College Chief Development Officer to identify, analyze, and
develop targeted fundraising initiatives and set fundraising goals
and objectives. Develop, write and present comprehensive
fundraising proposals to prospective donors.
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, facilitate meetings with Moody College's Los Angeles based volunteer committee and other alumni and friends to further the development and student recruitment goals of the Center. Working collaboratively with the director of the Center and Assistant Dean for External Relations, create and host events to better engage Denius UTLA Center students with industry professionals and help to identify potential speakers for the Radio-Television-Film program in Austin.
- Manage a portfolio of individual major gift prospects and donors, focusing on individuals with a gift capacity of $100,000 dollars and above. Host prospects and donors at Denius UTLA Center when appropriate. Conduct visits with prospects, donors and friends of the Denius UTLA Center and Moody College of Communication and make the required 12-15 $100K+ solicitations annually.
- Monitor other University off-campus programs operating in Los Angeles to learn of new techniques in alumni relations, student recruitment and best-practices in industry engagement. Required Qualifications Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of similar experience. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Preferred Qualifications CFRE or other professional affiliations. Salary Range $85,000 + depending on qualifications Working Conditions
located in Los Angeles, California
references with their contact information; at least one reference
should be from a supervisor
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
----Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.---- Equal Opportunity Employer: The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. ---- Pay Transparency: The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. ---- Employment Eligibility Verification: If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university. ---- E-Verify: The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]