Director of Advancement and Enrollment Management
The Primary Day School
The most successful schools recognize the lifetime value of families and students—from the first inquiry to the planned gift of a proud alumnus. This is who we are. At Primary Day, our families enjoy a multi-tiered relationship with the School as they make their way through the process of admission to enrollment, next-school placement, and eventually to alumni who will refer others to the School and engage with the community for a lifetime.
To insure a forward trajectory, we have committed ourselves to the construct of Mission Integration -- inspired, strategic leadership that integrates administrative functions and goals at the highest levels.
The Primary Day School is excited to announce an opening for the position of Director of Advancement and Enrollment Management. This mission aligned, collaborative post integrates stewardship, fundraising and admission and is designed to fully appreciate the value of families and students, from first inquiry of a prospective family to the planned gift of a proud alum with a goal to build a strong culture of sustainable engagement.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Advancement and Enrollment Management is responsible for providing mission driven, innovative leadership of institutional advancement and enrollment management priorities as enumerated in our Strategic Plan (2019-2024). Key responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and sustain a comprehensive fundraising program.
- Oversee the Annual Giving Program, including implementation of the Ambassador Initiative, strategizing in the attainment of fund goals, managing donor prospect lists, and coordinating the donor cycle from gift inception to transformational gift.
- Continue to grow the School’s Annual Fund efforts to increase participation through improved communication and education.
- Steward major donors and managing a portfolio of leadership gift prospects, providing strategies for leadership prospects for the Head, and ensuring timely steps are taken toward solicitation.
- Partner with staff/faculty, trustees, and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
- Work with the Board’s Advancement Committee to establish event-and campaign-based fundraising strategies, policies, and plans.
- Define the vehicles for communicating with all constituent group designed to advance the knowledge of the importance of philanthropy.
- Foster and facilitate increased retention with enrolled students.
- Advance the mission of the school by identifying, attracting, and securing mission-appropriate families.
- Develop appropriate recruitment strategies for prospective families.
- Steward prospective families in an appropriate and timely fashion toward fully executed enrollment contracts.
- Maintain relevant statistics on all aspects of the admissions and re-enrollment data.
- Ensure the student information software system is current and accurate
- Implement and manage the enrollment contract process
- Manage all admissions/enrollment related communications, including admission event information.
- Serve as a member of the Financial Assistance Committee.
- Work with Head of School and Business Office to develop and communicate accurate enrollment projections annually and maintain current and up to date records of these projections throughout each admissions cycle.
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings and provide reporting as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- A bachelor’s degree required; a master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a nonprofit sector and in fundraising preferred.
- An innovative, strategic thinker and problem solver.
- A deep commitment to independent schooling, with a particular interest in early childhood education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- A skilled, thoughtful writer who can create persuasive and engaging narratives to further the school’s advancement and enrollment goals.
- A high level of comfort utilizing all technology and databases to record, track, and analyze information.
- Cultural competency and an ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Compensation is competitive with area independent schools and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates for the position are encouraged to review Primary Day’s website at www.theprimarydayschool.org. To apply for the position, please send the following to email@example.com.
- letter of interest
- desired salary range
- current resume
- completed application, application available on the school’s website
- references (3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 21, 2021
No Phone Inquiries Please