Chief Financial Officer
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, serving communities in Pennsylvania’s Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, and New Jersey’s Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May and Cumberland counties, works to create lasting positive changes in communities and in people’s lives. United Way fights for youth success and family stability because we LIVE UNITED.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) is accountable for the administrative, financial, legal, and risk management operations of the organization, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve organization assets and report accurate financial results.
As the financial leader of the organization, the CFO will serve as a valued member of the executive management team. The CFO will directly influence and participate in the day-to-day operations, budgets and long-range planning for the organization. The CFO will have overarching responsibility for accounting, internal and grant-related financial reporting and legal compliance-, short- and long-term financial planning, budgeting, audit, forecasting and analysis, tax and treasury operations.
The CFO serves in an advisory capacity to the CEO and Board of Directors serving as a valued sounding board and partner and providing strategic leadership where needed. Working in tandem with the other executives, the CFO collaboratively develops and implements the organization’s short-term and long-term financial operating model. The CFO provides organizational and functional leadership and direction with regard to all finance related activities, guided by a commitment to providing timely, accurate and high-quality information and service. The CFO will be a critical thought partner to the organization’s program, marketing, technology, talent management, and fundraising functions.
The successful candidate will bring the following qualifications:
- Expertise in cash management, internal controls, budgets and planning, receivables management and financial statement preparation.
- Mature and proactive business partner to the chief executive.
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with Board and Civic leaders.
- Effective analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Collaborative and flexible work style.
- Hands-on manager with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- Effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Commitment to the social sector.
- Experience translating concepts and ideas into high performing programs and organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability building strong relationships and networks of diverse people with divergent priorities.
Please reference the complete job description here for more information.
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New has retained the services of Diversified Search to assist in this search. Interested candidates please e-mail your resume to UnitedWayCFO@divsearch.com. All inquiries and communications will be handled confidentially.