This position supports the work of Rosemount Center, an early
childhood education and family support center (Early Head Start
& Head Start/District of Columbia Office of the State
Superintendent subsidized/Private Pay) and reports to the Chief
Development Officer/Deputy CEO with accountability to the Chief
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads prospect research of potential individual, foundation and
- Produces letters of inquiry and proposals for grant
- Maintains the development database, keeps donor information
up-to-date, and provides reports as needed.
- Prepares donor acknowledgement letters.
- Responds to funders, tracks funding requirements, and provides
updates and final reports as needed.
- Plans, implements, and manages every aspect of Rosemount’s
Annual Fund Campaign.
- Takes responsibility for annual fundraising goals as outlined
in the yearly Development Plan.
- Stays current on Rosemount’s programs and services, follows
latest funding trends, and seeks resources primarily to support the
general operations of the Center.
- Focuses on increasing both the amount of funding and the number
of donors who support Rosemount’s general operations annually.
- Oversees in-kind giving to the Center and coordinates
end-of-year holiday giving.
- Supports creation of materials and content for the Center’s
internal and external communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO and CDO.
- Maintains close working relationships with the entire Rosemount
Center community in order to accomplish the tasks above.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fully computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Office
and development database systems.
- Excellent English language skills in speaking and writing and
the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects
thoroughly by adjusting quickly to shifting priorities, meeting
deadlines, and exercising sound judgment.
- Pleasant interpersonal skills and desire to work in an early
childhood education and human services environment.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Must have unexpired Driver’s License and regular access to an
- Primary responsibilities are performed in an office setting
onsite in a seated position.
- Ability to use desktop computer and telephone on a frequent
- Light work, which involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a
time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10
Workplace Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.