Development & Communications Manager
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 52-year old nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families, and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant, and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1,000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, and community development initiatives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development and Communications Manager plays an integral role in expanding ICC’s fundraising function. This is an excellent opportunity for a values driven person to join a high impact community based organization. We seek a versatile and entrepreneurial individual with an appetite for growth, enthusiasm for learning, and interest in developing and deepening relationships. Individual should have an interest in all facets of fundraising – corporations, foundations, individuals, and events. The Development and Communications Manager will be collaborative development professional that enjoys working as a strategic partner across the organization. We seek a strong generalist, with excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Co-lead fundraising planning and strategy development, working in close partnership with Executive Director.
· Proactively identify new funding opportunities and match to ICC programs.
· Assist with the cultivation and stewardship of donors – corporations, foundations and individuals.
· Manage annual appeals.
· Coordinate fundraising events and donor cultivation activities.
· Lead grant-writing, working in collaboration with program staff.
· Track grant deadlines and reporting deadlines.
· Manage the donor database. Supervise and/or assist Administrative Assistant on upkeep of donor database and donor gift acknowledgement.
· Coordinate fundraising events.
· Update and maintain ICC website.
· Develop collateral fundraising materials as needed.
· Responsible for external communications, such as press releases and email alerts.
· Support the distribution of information through ICC’s various social media platforms, ensuring balanced representation of all programs.
· Maintain updated list of media outlets and contacts.
· Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
· Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
· Passionate about ICC’s mission and values. Deep commitment to social justice and lifting marginalized communities.
· Ability to work collaboratively with others across and organization.
- A bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience in fundraising and/or communications. Demonstrated track-record of success.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Embrace working with people of different racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Results-oriented and self-starter.
· Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
· Must have a racial equity lens and the ability to convey it in writing.
ICC is animated by a core group of values, including mutual respect, empathy, fairness and transparency, commitment to excellence, and accountability.
Mutual Respect: We accept the importance of each person’s rights, customs and wishes. We are courteous and supportive in all of our interactions with clients and colleagues.
Empathy: We strive to understand what others are experiencing and feeling by trying to see things from their perspectives. We are willing to give our time and energy to the community and are constantly searching for ways to improve the lives of those we serve.
Fairness and Transparency: We are committed to authentic, two-way communication, willing to listen without judgment and, with respect, express our point of view. We cherish diversity and inclusiveness, embracing the community with its input and feedback.
Commitment to Excellence: We provide the highest quality service possible, earning trust and
exceeding expectations. We continuously learn from experience. We approach challenges with
creativity and flexibility.
Accountability: We are responsible for the quality and outcomes of the programs we provide, for explaining why deviations from reasonable expectations may have occurred, and for responding responsibly at all times, especially when errors in behavior or judgment have happened.
ICC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range and diversity of our community. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our community members, but we also strive for the same in our employees. ICC is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and people from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.
Salary range for this position is $55,000 to $70,000 – commiserate with experience. ICC offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits, generous time off policy, and 403(b) plan. Remote work option available for this position.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter (required) with expression of interest to email@example.com.