Director of the Orange & Blue Club
Gettysburg College is seeking an experienced professional for a full-time position in the College Advancement division as the Director of the Orange & Blue Club. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Director of the Orange & Blue Club is responsible for overseeing the College’s athletic fundraising program including the Orange & Blue Club which raises $700,000 annually in support of Gettysburg’s 24 varsity sports. Gettysburg College is a residential undergraduate liberal arts college with enrollment of 2,600 students and 30,000 alumni. The preferred candidate joins the team during a time of excitement and promise at the College—our 15th president, Bob Iuliano, is committed to advancing the College’s inspiring mission to prepare students to be effective leaders and socially responsible citizens in a fast-changing world.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Develop, implement and evaluate a strategic plan to increase the number of athletics donors through the Orange & Blue Club
- Work with the athletic director and coaches to identify athletic fundraising priorities
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 150-175 alumni and parents for leadership-level gifts
- Attend select home and away games to engage and cultivate assigned prospects
- Working with the Director of Annual Giving, coordinate the development of external marketing materials including direct mail, e-mail, web and social media content and other materials needed to promote the Orange & Blue Club
- Responsible for O&B Advisory Council recruitment and meetings, as well as solicitation strategy for all council members
- Oversight of annual Orange & Blue Golf Classic
- Assist with planning of the annual Hall of Athletic Honor (HOAH) banquet
- Supervision of one full-time administrative assistant
The successful candidate should be able to communicate exceptionally well verbally and in writing; develop relationships with prospects and solicit gifts and commitments; manage multiple projects simultaneously; work effectively as a team leader and member, and be goal and achievement oriented. The Director must be able to work outside of normal business hours to assist with the Orange & Blue Golf Classic, Homecoming, Alumni Weekend and other special events. Travel for purposes of meeting with Orange & Blue Council members and prospects is required.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five years of successful fundraising experience preferably in a higher education setting is required. The ideal candidate will have a track record of individual fundraising success with a passion for collegiate athletics and athletic fundraising. Gettysburg College seeks candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Salary is competitive and is complemented by an excellent benefits package.
Application Details: Applicants should apply
online at https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/3752
A cover letter that addresses the candidate’s qualifications and resume must be submitted. Application materials must be received by Friday, July 16, 2021.
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.