Director of Development Operations
Salary range: $105,000 - $115,000
Location requirement: On-site Location (Washington, DC) or Remote Possible
Desired start date: July 26, 2021
RESULTS is seeking a director of development operations to join its development team in a senior management role that will contribute to the organization’s ability to engage those whose financial support and partnership make it possible to build the political will to end poverty.
RESULTS is an organization committed to ending poverty in the United States and around the world by using our voices to influence political decisions. We have secured tens of billions of dollars in new funding for vital health, education, and economic opportunity programs. We have helped pass legislation that has saved the lives and protected the health of millions of people in low-income countries and helped millions of families globally move out of extreme poverty. We also have backed policies and programs here in the United States that help people put food on the table and remain stably housed as well as tax policies that move millions of families over the poverty line.
We have done this over the last 40 years by creating a grassroots movement across the country, building strong relationships with members of Congress, engaging the media, and working with an array of partners throughout the country and around the world. We are committed to undoing systemic oppression and bringing an end to poverty such that every person has the opportunity to flourish.
Reporting to the Vice President for Philanthropy, the Director of Development Operations will provide leadership in fostering a culture of philanthropy, design and sustain systems to meet the organization’s ambitious development goals, and strengthen and maintain structures and processes within the development program. Supervising at least one staff member supporting development operations, the Director of Development Operations will partner with the Vice President for Philanthropy in setting the development program’s annual rhythm, elevating team performance, centering donor relationships, and creating conditions for transformational giving.
- Build and maintain relationships with peers across a complex, multifaceted organization to create a culture of philanthropy.
- Understand and track the organization’s top programmatic funding priorities and opportunities for impact.
- Work with peers to ensure compelling grant requests and impactful reporting that deepen relationships and advance partnerships with donors.
- Plan and monitor key development metrics including those identified in the organizational strategic plan.
- Contribute to the success and professional growth of others on the development team.
- Engage as a thought partner to the Vice President for Philanthropy.
- Engineer and maintain processes that align expectations and roles across organizational teams for developing high-quality reports and proposals to donors.
- Manage production of reports and proposals with program and development teams and coordinate financial reporting with grants management team.
- Oversee the work of staff who carry out gift processing, maintain the CRM, and support a range of development operations.
- Provide structure, analytics, and departmental leadership within development. Prepare routine and special reports on the overall development program. Convene regularly recurring team meetings.
- Lead the implementation and ongoing review of a relationship management system to support cultivation and stewardship of an array of current and prospective donors including individuals and foundations.
- Ensure financial priorities are understood and informing development’s activities.
- Generate regular revenue projections based on historical data and input from others on the development team and monitor with regular reviews and analysis.
- Manage contracts with consultants and vendors, and track actuals against approved departmental budget expenses.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Commitment to development that is relationship-centered and data-driven with a sense of ambition appropriate to the mission of ending poverty
- More than ten to twelve years of experience in the sector--preferably including leadership experience in a high-performing development program for an organization with an annual budget of more than $10 million
- Expertise in developing an array of working relationships with finesse
- Strong expertise designing and implementing structures and systems that require a consultative and collaborative approach
- Strong interest in structuring and generating data and analytics; experience in business planning
- Steady leader and mentor invested in talent development
- Experience implementing a system of relationship management and structuring gift officers’ portfolios with a high degree of donor segmentation across a development team, a huge plus
- Familiarity with reporting to and stewarding individual, foundation, and large institutional donors
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness; committed to continuous learning and anti-oppression values
- Basic familiarity with the content of our work in mobilizing public financing to end poverty in the United States and globally
- Skills and experience in the following are preferred:
- Background in organizational development and/or change management
- Mission-driven marketing with multiple discrete audiences, development communications, exceptional writing/editing
- Annual fund work, major or principal gift work, prospect research, capital campaigns
- Experience in a membership-based organization
Limited travel may be required as is some evening and weekend work.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Donor Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Fundraising Administration Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Major Gifts Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.
- Planned Giving Philanthropic Advisors jobs in Washington D.C.