Community Operations Officer, Private Foundation
Community Operations Officer, LOR Foundation
Location: Denver, Colorado
The Community Operations Officer (COO) supervises a growing group of locally-based community officers working across the LOR Foundation’s five-state region (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico). The COO is responsible for the quality, productivity, and efficiency of our community work. The COO oversees budgets, reviews grants brought forward from communities, and ensures internal services are coordinated for local staff. The COO works at the important intersection of mission, management, and community benefit.
The ideal candidate comes to LOR with an understanding of small-town life in the West and experience supervising remote staff in multiple locations.
- Train, coach, and support LOR community officers in their pursuit of community benefit, their work against quarterly goals, and their aspirations for impact.
- Ensure funding requests enhance livability and meet internal and IRS requirements for process and compliance.
- Monitor community data to identify trends and specific opportunities for improvement (e.g., service gaps, persistent need). Deliver reports and process solutions to improve outcomes and quality of life in the places LOR works.
- Represent LOR community staff in leadership and quarterly planning efforts.
- Implement process improvements to enable scale and efficiency.
- Education (required): College degree
- Experience (required): Minimum of six years related work experience (e.g., operations director, director of project management, technical assistance supervisor, executive director, sales manager), including management and/or operations experience in a for-profit setting.
- Skills (required): Strong interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, demonstrated reliability and attention to detail; excellent written and oral communication; experience and comfort using various technical systems (e.g., CRM, grants management); self-motivated and able to successfully complete assigned work with minimal supervision; exhibits solid judgment, critical thinking, and a sense of teamwork and community.
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications, including a cover letter describing interests and qualifications, and a resumé, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Community Operations Officer.
LOR Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.