Grants Specialist, Affordable Home Ownership
Manna Inc. seeks an experienced Grants Specialist to join its fund development team. Manna is the leading nonprofit developer of affordable housing in Washington DC. With almost 40 years’ experience, Manna has served low- and moderate-income households enabling them to obtain the American dream of home ownership. Manna seeks a passionate, persuasive grants writer with interest in helping to serve low- and moderate-income households, and who wants to make a difference in the lives of those who confront wealth inequities due to race, ethnicity, or income status. The successful candidate enjoys research, building relationships, and crafting winning proposals.
The Grants Specialist is responsible for identifying, securing, and managing grant funders including private and corporate foundations and government funders. Primary responsibilities include writing compelling cases for support (grant applications) and reporting/stewarding funders during the grant and its close-out. The Specialist will keep accurate up-to-date records in CRM (Donor Perfect) of pledges, funds received and awarded funds to be received. The Specialist reports to the Director of Fund Development and works in concert with the organization’s executive management team and with the program staff. The Specialist will coordinate proposal review with members of the department, the management team and program staff. With others, the successful candidate edits, proofreads and assists in writing non-grant narratives. With the Director and the Chief Administrative Officer, the Specialist will work with the CFO and finance staff to reconcile grant records and the status of restricted and unrestricted funds.
The Specialist will assist in other departmental functions as needed including data entry, acknowledgements, digital & print newsletters, the organization’s annual event for donors and stakeholders, occasional volunteer events, and the year-end appeal.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years’ experience as a professional grant writer with a proven track record of securing funding
- Experience with database management (Donor Perfect or Blackbaud experience preferred)
- Experience establishing relationships with government and other funders/program officers
- Experienced user (advanced level) of excel, word, power point, outlook
- Experienced managing multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent proof-reading skills
To apply, submit:
- Cover letter
- Two grant samples (Redact client’s and funder’s names with mock names.)
- Salary range $55,000-$65,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Work environment: Position is office based with opportunities for teleworking one or two days a week.
Application Deadline: Rolling. Applications will be considered as received.