The primary duty of the Financial Manager is to manage all
financial aspects of the Institute and its programs. This position
regularly directs the work of three staff members and is
responsible for hiring, disciplinary and termination actions in
cooperation with the Executive Team.
Essential Job Functions may include the following or other duties
• Prepare monthly financial statements of the Institute &
programs. This will include preparing monthly financial statement
journal entries, insuring accurate and timely reports according to
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and OMB circulars
A-133 and A-122.
• Maintain all appropriate financial statement supporting schedules
for audit documentation and internal reference.
• Manage all financial aspects of grants and agreements to include
accurate and timely monthly billings, quarterly and annual reports
as well as reporting match documentation.
• Timely collection of all outstanding grants and agreements
• Maintain positive, consistent relations with partner contracting
• Budget preparation and review assistance as they relate to
projects, grants and agreements.
• Assist in developing and revising written financial and
accounting policies and procedures for compliance with federal,
state, county and NGO grants, agreements, and contracts.
• Provide organizational and programmatic reports on “budget vs.
actual” analysis; prepare cash flow projections, offer consultation
of profit and loss outlays monthly, quarterly, and annually.
• Perform special assignments as requested by Executive Director
and Deputy Director;
• Provide direct supervision of accounting personnel, reviewing
performances, assisting with professional development
• Present fiscal status reports to the GBI Board of Directors on a
• Implement and monitor legal compliance measures as documented in
the GBI employee handbook and policies/procedures.
• Promote effective communication.
• Perform related duties as required or directed by
• Assist others as requested or assigned.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Maintain professional and courteous appearance and demeanor.