Experienced Program Coordinator for Community Charity
St. George’s Society of New York (SGSNY) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Program Coordinator to manage delivery of SGSNY’s charitable programs and community events. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator will be based in New York. This role is entirely impact-focused and is a crucial member of the SGSNY team who deliver “lifechanging” programs for the individuals and families we serve.
Additionally, the individual will work with partners and the SGSNY community to deliver a variety of online and in-person events and member volunteer opportunities throughout the calendar year.
The successful candidate will bring best practices to the role and will be an organized and collaborative team-player who will engage our clients, colleagues, officers, partner representatives and service providers. The individual will be comfortable working with individuals from a range of backgrounds, seniority, experiences, and expertise and be a good fit for our diverse community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Charitable Programs
- Scholarship Program – Work with the SGSNY Scholarship Committee and CUNY representatives to continuously improve efficiencies and the continued growth of the program. Run our mentoring initiative and student enrichment opportunities in line with student needs.
- The Weatherstone Families Support Fund- Lead relationship with partner charities (Solving Kids Cancer UK and Bradley Lowery Foundation) to ensure the continued smooth running of the program within the approved budget. Provide appropriate support to families, and work with local partners to identify suitable opportunities for visiting families. Provide appropriate and timely updates to program donors.
- Senior Beneficiary Program – Collaborate with SGSNY Social Workers and others to digitize our program record-keeping and deliver specific projects and activities for our beneficiaries.
- Events and Activities
In collaboration with SGSNY team and partners, create, deliver, and evaluate a diverse and engaging events calendar that aligns with SGSNY strategic priorities and appeals to our members, potential donors, and corporate partners. Events will drive revenue, increase membership engagement satisfaction scores, adhere to SGSNY brand values, and capture compelling content to support PR and marketing activity.
- Community + Volunteer
Manage SGSNY community engagement and volunteer programs to ensure alignment with strategy, program delivery and fundraising objectives that engage our passionate corporate and individual members while balancing ethical considerations. Maintain accurate data and evaluation on engagement.
Founded in 1770, SGSNY is a 501(c)3 dedicated to broadening opportunities and enriching the quality of life for the disadvantaged, across three charitable programs, representing the diverse backgrounds of the communities we serve:
- Keeping seniors in their homes and providing dignity and care
- Providing scholarships and early career enhancement for final year CUNY graduate students
- Supporting families of pediatric cancer patients receiving treatment in NY.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Minimum of BA degree.
- 5 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive, professional approach.
- Ability to multi-task independently.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Agree with SGSNY Code of Conduct and Diversity & Inclusion policies.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
- Knowledge of and affinity for British & Commonwealth culture a plus.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary (range $50-$55k).
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Excellent health care plan.
- Dental and Vision insurance.
- Annual vacation of 15 days paid leave plus 10 days public holidays.
- After 6 months, flexible working, matching contributions to 401(k) plan up to $5k.
- Learning & Development opportunities.
Closing Date: Friday 9th July 2021
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be suited for this position to Clare Risman, Executive Director at email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as pdf attachments. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.