Based: Remote (USA)
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 (depending on experience and location)
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the US
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a global nonprofit organization that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programs that are helping millions of people learn new skills.
We are an operating foundation rather than a grant-giving foundation, meaning that we advance our mission through practical action. Through Code Club and CoderDojo, we support the world’s largest networks of free computing clubs for young people. Tens of thousands of educators have taken our online courses, and millions of people use our free online learning resources.
The Foundation’s income comes from a mix of profits from our commercial company, contracts for educational services, and restricted and unrestricted grants and donations. View some of our supporters.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Development Manager to lead our newly established individual giving program, and to contribute to corporate giving efforts, our primary source of philanthropic funding.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, you will split your time 50:50 between individual giving and corporate fundraising. You will be responsible for growing the Foundation’s newly established individual giving program, as well as for building and managing a global portfolio of corporate partners in the sub-$100,000 tier. You will also support the development of global strategic partners.
The right person for this role will be highly motivated, with experience of growing an individual giving program and developing and implementing social media and email fundraising campaigns.
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people from all backgrounds can do the best work of their careers. We have a flexible and collaborative approach to all aspects of our work. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll make it work for you.
- Implement and execute an approved strategy for increasing income across individual giving streams, primarily via online donations up to $1,000
- Explore and test new methods for acquiring new individual donors and renewing the current base of approximately 1,000 supporters
- Work collaboratively across teams to execute individual giving campaigns
- Design, deliver, and continually improve stewardship journeys for new and existing individual givers, including managing the portfolio of mid-level donors and coordinating with the major gifts team as appropriate
- Produce regular reports on campaign impact, analyzing results, identifying trends, and making recommendations
- Oversee individual giving systems and process improvements in Salesforce in collaboration with the Partnerships Administrator, advising on methods of gift entry, donor acknowledgment, and stewardship
- Contribute to team-wide corporate prospecting efforts, building a portfolio of corporate donors in the range of $5,000 – $100,000
- Support the Senior Development Manager’s pipeline of strategic corporate partners
Experience and personal attributes
- A commitment to the mission and values of the Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Experience of supporting corporate and/or institutional donor relationships $10,000 and above
- Specialist knowledge of the principles and methods of individual giving and online fundraising, with a track record of growing an individual giving program and implementing digital fundraising campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of CRM databases (ideally Salesforce) and their application in managing a large pool of individual donors
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write creative copy, with a demonstrable ability to prepare and present a compelling case for support
- Experience of working with corporate funders in a global context
- Enthusiasm for technology and/or knowledge of the computing education field is preferred but not required
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- Healthcare plan (the Raspberry Pi Foundation covers 99% of the premium for full-time employees and 70% for their dependents)
- Generous paid time off policy (25 days of paid vacation per year in addition to sick days and public holidays)
- Retirement plan (401k, up to 5% employer match)
- Life insurance (basic and AD&D)
- Generous paid family and medical leave policy (up to 13 weeks per 12-month period)
- Training and development
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Regular social outings
- Snacks, tea, coffee, and drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
- Closing date: We encourage candidates to apply by 11:59pm PDT on July 6 2021, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Shortlisting call with hiring manager: beginning July 15
- Interviews: beginning the week of July 19
*We are currently expecting all interviews to take place online.