Institutional Partnerships, Specialist
The Advancement Department consists of several teams that are critical to fulfilling the Success Academy mission. This department leads the effort in: securing and retaining critical philanthropic support, building and retaining our community of supporters, leading all fundraising activities pertaining to our boards of directors, and creating segmented communications and engagement opportunities and events for donors and prospective donors. We are searching for a candidate with a proven track record in institutional fundraising to join our advancement team. This role is significant to the team's success and provides an extraordinary opportunity for the right person to join us in setting a course for excellence and advancing professionally. The Institutional Partnerships Specialist will work on a team responsible for 50 high-potential corporate and foundation donors and prospective donors capable of making 4-6 figure gifts. This person will collaborate regularly with other members of the Advancement team to develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to meet the annual fundraising goal, and foster sustained philanthropic support from new and longstanding donors. This individual will report to the Lead, Institutional Partnerships and foster productive working relationships with advancement leadership and staff, as well as staff throughout the SA enterprise. Responsibilities:
- Support with grant writing and reporting for a portfolio of up to 50 current and prospective institutional donors
- Contribute to moves management implementation, analysis and continuous improvement
- Prepare written correspondence, proposals, reports and meeting briefings to support senior leadership with their fundraising efforts
- Contribute to team goal of diversifying our institutional donors, particularly corporations, and support with cultivation and stewardship engagement and events that are of particular interest to foundations and corporations
- Work with events team and individual giving front line fundraisers in corporate and vendor solicitations for the Spring Benefit, the organization’s largest annual fundraising event
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience in fundraising. Grant writing experience required, and corporate partnership development experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional project management and execution skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment, independently and on a team
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/. We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.