Marine Program Grants Associate
- Employment Type
- Full Time
WildAid is a growing unique and dynamic global wildlife conservation non-profit based in San Francisco. With a $13 million annual budget, WildAid leverages over $200 million in donated media placement and has received a perfect 100-point score and Four Star rating from Charity Navigator. With 20 years of on-the-water experience in 16 countries, WildAid Marine pioneered an approach for building effective Marine Protection Systems (MPS) for marine protected areas (MPAs) and fisheries that empowers leaders to enforce regulations, meet conservation goals, and provide lasting benefits for coastal communities.
Established in 2000, WildAid’s mission is to end the illegal wildlife trade in our lifetimes. WildAid Marine creates effective enforcement to ensure thriving marine protected areas (MPAs) and fisheries with strong community support, and prevent marine wildlife poaching and illegal fishing. We are enforcement system architects, building complete government and community capacity to protect marine resources. Our approach is inherently partnership-driven; bringing together organizations with unique tools or specialties, to collaboratively build a protection system responsive to local needs. We further promote conservation and livelihoods through complementary sustainability initiatives.
The Marine Program Grants Associate will support WildAid Marine fundraising efforts focused on expanding our program to new project sites. Reporting to the Marine Program Manager, the Marine Program Grants Associate will assist in drafting grant proposals and the production of monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports to institutional donors. The successful candidate will also assist in advancing day-to-day activities on multiple project sites, including tracking progress of activities against grant deliverables and timelines, coordinating internally with the WildAid Marine team and partners, and researching and preparing briefings for Marine team communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare funding proposals
- Prepare content for donor reports, annual reports, monthly newsletter, blog posts & press releases
- Assist in liaising with partners and WildAid’s Marine Team on selected projects
- Assist in maintaining donor database (grants only) – WildAid uses Salesforce
- Assist in tracking program progress and activities
- Assist in preparing and fact checking briefing documents and presentations
- Assist Marine Team with mailings, appeals and donor acknowledgements
- Assist in advancing WildAid Marine Program expansion
- Other duties as requested. These may include drafting communications content, Marine Protection System plan copyediting, and fundraising event support, among other tasks.
All staff members must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial culture. Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple, often competing demands are critical. The successful candidate must be able to work independently without a great deal of supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong grant writing and project management skills
- Flexible with ability to problem solve creatively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Capable multi-tasker
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Wildlife or marine conservation background
- 5 years minimum work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization
- Demonstrated abilities and experience on administrative support
- Ability to implement systems and processes
- Experience with donor events
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience working in Latin America
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
Apply for Marine Program Grants Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly