The Database Administrator works closely with all members of the Oak Hill Development Team to cultivate, steward and solicit prospects and donors for the Annual Giving, Major Donor, and Planned Giving programs identifying opportunities for recognition and involvement. More specifically, this role is responsible for becoming the team’s data expert, managing all aspects of Raiser’s Edge. This includes but is not limited to ensuring integrity of the donor data and donor reports, understanding the importance and nuances of successful portfolio management and is engaged and enthusiastic with developing relationships with all Oak Hill stakeholders.
This position engages with all levels of the organization to assist in building a culture of philanthropy at Oak that ensures overall team success.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a community-based agency with great benefits, flexible hours, competitive pay and an important mission.
SUPERVISORY AND OTHER CONTACTS
The Database Administrator works under the general direction of the Director of Annual Giving.
This person is also responsible for sending out weekly donation reports to the Development Team and coordinating the team review of these reports on the weekly basis.
This individual will have contact with administration, board members, employees, parents, donors, funders and the public.
TARGET OUTCOMES/MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Enhance fundraising efforts in an effort to increase fundraising revenue.
- Maintains a well-organized and consistently maintained donor management system.
- Designs and presents reports that reflect strategic analysis of the donor data.
- Performs various functions that support the Development Department Plan goals and objectives.
- Create Culture of philanthropy throughout organization.
- Staying current on best practices in the field via professional development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands the details of the Development Plan and the Database Administrator’s role in helping the team achieve the plan’s outlined goals and objectives.
- Plays a critical role in developing and maintaining a culture of philanthropy at Oak Hill.
- Plays a critical role in developing strategies to cultivate, steward and solicit prospects and donors for the Annual Giving, Major Donor, and Planned Giving programs identifying opportunities for recognition and involvement.
- Researches donor history of giving and capacity to give as requested.
- Enters the majority of donor data into Raisers Edge ensuring consistency and quality of the data while also ensuring quality data when entered by other members of the team.
- Creates relevant database queries, reports, imports, and exports, as needed.
- Provides expertise on gift acceptance policies and procedures and ensures accuracy of all gift/donation records and deposits.
- Manages relationship with lockbox vendor, in order to secure and process donations coming into the organization. Performs various quality assurance process checks on gift data entered into Raiser’s Edge.
- Analyzes and leads efforts to build new processes and workflows to support acceptance and receipting of gifts from new vehicles/platforms in collaboration with other stakeholders, including gift entry and receipting procedures, coding processes, and quality control standards.
- Provides various financial reports to fundraising staff on a regular basis to analyze existing strategies, measure the success of Oak Hill’s giving programs enabling the team to stay on track for growth.
- Posts all recorded transactions and adjustments to the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Serves as main point of contact for monthly financial reconciliation between Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge, and adjusts entries as needed.
- Ensures proper acknowledgement of all gifts received by Oak Hill.
- Obtains expert understanding of Development Department funding structure including how to receive and approve requests for funds.
- Manages the Development Departments Purchase Card (pcard) reconciliation
- Receives, opens and sorts all mail and completes all steps outlined in the check processing policy.
- Regularly interacts with and trains all the Development Team, and troubleshoots any issues relating to gifts, gift coding, adjustments, or receipting.
- Works as liaison between the Development and Finance teams to ensure compliance with internal policies and IRS regulations for charitable gifts and Oak Hill guidelines.
- Provides RE data needed to the Senior Director of Development and the Director of Development and External Communications to prepare the organization's annual report.
- Maintains and updates Oak Hill’s Raisers Edge Policy & Procedure Manual along with all policies & procedures manuals for the department and updates them as necessary.
- Partners with colleagues to support Oak Hill’s mission to be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring this value is embedded in the organization and throughout the work of the Development Department.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant trainings.
- Performs other duties, as directed, to enhance the image of, and raise funds for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred by not required, five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge/RE.
- Experience with financial accounting software preferred: Blackbaud Financial Edge/FE NXT experience are a plus. Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel) strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software specific to the department or institution and train users on database and gift processing policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of gift processing procedures, established record of database management, fundraising processes, and donor relations.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies and printed materials for the Development Department.
- Processes Special Purpose Fund requests in cooperation with Finance.
- Manages post office accounts by ensuring that appropriate funds are available.
- Assists with coordination and execution of special events.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and quantitative analytical skills.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure and independently; able to consider processes end-to-end and anticipate downstream effects.
- Excellent attention to detail, and very strong organizational skills, and strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to the Development Team. Ability to interact and develop rapport with a broad range of individuals. Proven ability to excel in a team environment.
The following physical activities are likely to be performed within the frequency listed below:
Sitting: occasionally Standing: occasionally
Walking: occasionally Hearing: frequently
Talking: frequently Using hands: occasionally
Using fingers: occasionally Seeing: (close), constantly
Low to moderate noise level.
Office setting with the possibility of dust.
Occasionally 0% - 33%
Frequently 34% - 66%
Constantly 67% - 100%