Chief Development Officer, Purdue Polytechnic Institute
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Identify and establish personal contact with current and prospective major gift donors.
- Orchestrate and execute the advancement of relationships with the prospective donors through appropriate stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Collaborate with appropriate development and academic staff to develop prospect strategies and build relationships.
- Use the full complement of the fundraising process, including personal visits and asks to move relationships forward.
- Set specific objectives to effectively advance toward solicitation of major gifts ($25,000+).
- Ensure appropriate coordination with Unit’s corporate and business partners and various unit and University constituencies.
- Prepare proposals and solicit prospects for gifts in support of the Unit’s strategic plan and fundraising priorities.
- Host or co-host receptions and other donor events locally and regionally.
- Provide stewardship of gifts including supervising acknowledgement process, coordinating recognition events, planning dedications, and working with the University Development Office on appropriate recognition.
- Become familiar with and understand key initiatives of the Unit relating to faculty, students, instruction, and research.
- Frequent travel and/or evening and weekend duties are required.
- Implement the advancement program for the unit including development, alumni relations, and marketing and communications for advancement.
- Work with the Unit Head and Development/Advancement staff and Associate Vice President for Advancement to develop and implement a fundraising plan, including strategies and a timeline for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, corporate and foundation donor prospects.
- Ensure effective records maintenance, including timely filling of requests for prospect assignments, prospect strategies and contact reports, using the university’s prospect management system (e.g., Pacesetter, ARC, etc.)
- Report regularly on the progress toward the Unit’s annual action plan.
- Provide vision and coordination for the Unit’s advancement and communications activities.
- Provide input to communications targeted at donors and prospects.
- Become adept at using the Advancement database in support of major gift activities.
- Continually improve professional competency through participation in and/or leadership in professional organizational and other not-for profit organizations.
- Administratively supervise development and advancement staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, including the demonstrated ability to communicate well in writing and speaking before large groups.
- Ability to interpret and articulate the mission of Purdue University needed.
- Must be able to interact with stakeholders from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to represent the University with tact and diplomacy at all times is required.
- Sound judgment, initiative, and ability to collaborate effectively required.
- Excellent supervisory, relationship building, organizational and time management skills required.
- Knowledge of finance, planned giving, alumni relations, corporate relations, and advancement communications are preferred.
- Ability to continuously improve professional competency through participation of professional education opportunities.
- Good computer skills are necessary.
- Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Five years of experience in sales or fund development including solicitation of major gifts and/or related work experience required.
- Experience managing/supervising professional staff preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Familiarity with the programs of Purdue Polytechnic desired but not required.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.
The application deadline is Friday, July 30, 2021. A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.