Pratham USA is recruiting a Regional Development Manager to
assist in designing, implementing and tracking fund development
opportunities, specifically for mid-level gifts in the West
Region. The Development Manager will be based out of the Bay
Area and will work closely with Board members, volunteers and the
Pratham USA team. The Manager will report to the Regional
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual with an
exceptional level of personal responsibility, who is adept at
conveying our message persuasively to garner financial
- Personally manage a portfolio of mid-level gifts and to
establish long-term relationships and cultivate their interests in
- Ensure healthy pipeline of members upgrading into the mid-level
giving tier, as well as into the major gifts giving program.
- Collaborate with Regional Director and communications team
to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies for
current and lapsed donors; ensure proper benefits administration
- Manage chapter boards, including organizing quarterly chapter
board meetings, soliciting board commitments and onboarding and
offboarding board members who fall into the managers
- Strategize and help execute on local galas, salons, and other
cultivation events in conjunction with national events team and
board committees. Be responsible for fundraising activities
at local events.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent donor-centric communications
in all materials, such as solicitation, acknowledgement,
stewardship, integrated on CRM and customer service. Participate in
writing, editing, image sourcing and content approval.
- Represent Pratham for local giving opportunities, including
corporate employee matching.
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as
- The role will involve regional travel with evenings and weekend
work schedules based on need.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in non-profit
- Bachelors’ degree, with preference for a Master’s in a related
area. Additional related academic courses or professional
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
– including the ability to listen and target communications to
specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team
environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a
How to Apply
Email a cover letter describing your qualifications and relevant
experience, a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pratham is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
people from diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our
Pratham and Pratham USA
Established in 1995 to provide education to children in Mumbai
slums, Pratham (which means “first” in Sanskrit) is now one of
the largest and most successful non-governmental education
organizations in India. Working in collaboration with governments,
communities, parents, teachers, and volunteers, we focus on
innovative interventions to address gaps in the education system.
The clarity of our mission—“every child in school and learning
well”—drives our focus to make an impact on the lives of India’s
children and extends from our leadership to our team in the
With operations in 21 of India's 29 states, Pratham reaches
millions of children and youth each year, from Kashmir to Tamil
Nadu. Our methods have also spread beyond India's borders
through ASER (Annual Status of Education Report), India’s largest
citizen-led assessment which has inspired parallel assessments of
children's learning in fourteen countries across the
What we do:
Develop Innovative Programs - Pratham uses
outcome-driven programs that reconfigure teaching methodologies and
challenge ineffective learning mechanisms. Our strategies focus on
results, accountability and continuous learning and
Build Scalable Models - Pratham's low-cost
learning models are rigorously tested and evaluated so they can be
easily replicated on a larger scale to provide quality education to
Advocate Change - Pratham’s willingness to take
risks, adapt to changing circumstances and look beyond our programs
gives us the leverage to create broader change. We amplify our
impact by freely sharing information with other nonprofits and
using our findings to advocate for large-scale policy changes.
Inspire Action - We engage parents,
teachers and government to make learning a community
effort. Local volunteers are vetted, trained and monitored to
help implement learning interventions at the grassroots level using
Pratham’s high-quality teaching materials.
Pratham USA is a volunteer-driven organization with
13 chapters across the United States that raise awareness and
mobilize financial resources for our work on the ground. With a
four-star rating (the highest possible) from Charity Navigator,
Pratham USA ranks among the top 3% of all nonprofits in the country
thanks to its sound fiscal management and commitment to
accountability and transparency.