Administrative Assistant - Brain Health Strategy & Research - Washington, DC
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support for a WWP business unit or program leadership and team, including performing administrative tasks, managing schedules and email distribution lists, planning, and coordinating meetings, and assisting with special projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the Program executive leader and staff.
- Plan and schedule meetings, appointments, conferences, and teleconferences on behalf of the leadership and teams. Ensure details are communicated properly to participants, and logistics are effectively planned and accomplished.
- Perform basic office duties including answering the telephone, and directing calls, managing correspondence, and organizing, filing, and maintaining documents and records, exercising discretion, and confidentiality.
- Collect and analyze data and metrics to assist with decision-making and with reports for leadership. Organize, file, and maintain documents for record keeping
- Prepare reports, presentations, meeting notes, spreadsheets, and briefs to be shared with leadership and other teams.
- Maintain multiple team tracking reports and presentations.
- Generate and prepare the team’s bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Transcribe notes during meetings to include directives and assignments to be distributed to attendees.
- Maintain confidential paperwork and documents with the utmost discretion.
- Organize, file, and maintain documents for record keeping.
- Support program operations and partnerships, communications, marketing, or business development staff and other WWP teams by assisting with special projects including team campaigns, fundraisers, and key initiatives.
- Coordinate research on alternative tools and technology to help improve the team’s performance. Provide recommendations to leadership.
- Assist to maintain vendor relationships through coordinating communications, contracts, invoicing, and budget-related documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to manage administrative activities for senior level management and staff.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, assignments, and priorities, and complete deliverables within deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to interact effectively with diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive matters with diplomacy, empathy, and confidentiality, and build effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with good problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, evenings as needed.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support, staff support, or similar type of professional support.
- Two years of experience using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Two years of administrative experience or work with a non-profit organization, public relations, media relations, communications, or marketing.
- Two years of administrative experience with a sales or fundraising organization.
- Two years of experience with Salesforce, Workday, and Concur.
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers, phones, computers, filing cabinets.
- Overtime and weekend work as needed.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Sitting for extended periods.