5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Development Director supports the Executive Director in managing and leading a professional staff-led major gifts approach and applies a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to all matters of work in collaboration with staff, board, and philanthropic leaders. This is a full-time exempt position reporting directly to the Executive Director.
The ACLU of Nebraska is the state affiliate of the national American Civil Liberties Union, a nonpartisan public interest civil rights organization dedicated to the defense and expansion of civil liberties and civil rights through litigation, policy advocacy and public education. The ACLU of Nebraska is proud to foster a fun and fast-paced work environment. Our headquarters are in the heart of Nebraska’s capital city, Lincoln, Nebraska, and we maintain a small satellite office in Omaha, Nebraska. Our 12-person team is complemented by law clerks, interns, volunteer attorneys, and thousands of supporters statewide.Core Responsibilities
- Lead management of a personal portfolio of mid-level donors and develop individualized stewardship plans with the goal to maintain and expand gifts.
- Lead donor prospecting, qualification, and acquisition strategies.
- Work with Executive Director to manage their portfolio leadership donors.
- Develop, lead and execute donor communications strategies including emails, solicitation letters, acknowledgments, and stewardship activities.
- Lead identification of grant opportunities, assist Executive Director with management of relationships with program staff and fund leadership.
- Draft and submit grant applications and reports
- Communicate grant requirements with relevant staff and monitor compliance with Deputy Director regarding grant terms for restricted gifts and all reporting.
- Lead affiliate special event planning and management.
- Ensure the maintenance, effectiveness and integrity of administrative systems, to include data management, gift processing, and gift and data hygiene systems.
- Collaborate with affiliate staff and ACLU National to reconcile shared gifts.
- Work in collaboration with ACLU National development specialists to facilitate planned gifts, refine and execute portfolio management techniques, and develop personalized strategies related to leadership gifts.
- Ensure compliance with ACLU Board giving policy and other organization policies related to development.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director and Board to develop organizational policies related to development program.
- Play a leadership role in long range fiscal planning and assist with revenue projections during budgeting process.
- Make development and other related presentations at board and other meetings.
- Represent the ACLU of Nebraska in federated and workplace giving programs
- Willingness and ability to travel in-state, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable attendance including normal office hours 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday with occasional weekend and evening hours as necessary
- Occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds
- Personal commitment to advancing the ACLU’s values, mission, goals and programs, with an understanding of the range of civil rights and civil liberties issues
- Ability to think strategically, develop effective solutions, and take initiative
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines on concurrent projects, problem solve, work creatively and independently
- Ability to work and engage with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with direct donor engagement, solicitation, donor life-cycle management, and event or project management strongly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or similar fundraising database strongly preferred
- Keen eye for design, layout, and presentation preferred
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified and eligible individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The ACLU makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified and eligible persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions. The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to people with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying, please e-mail email@example.com or call 402-476-8091. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
Civil rights and civil liberties violations disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society – including Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, immigrants, women and LGBTQIA+ people. These communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or those who are members of other marginalized communities.Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time exempt role. The salary range for this position ranges from $65,000-$75,000, depending on experience and skills. Excellent benefits include vacation, sick leave, and parental leave, generous health, dental, and vision insurance with employee and family premiums paid 100% by the employer, a 401k match, cell phone reimbursement, and paid parking.Application Procedure
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Director. In your cover letter, please indicate where you learned of the position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Apply for Development Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly