6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Programs Administrator
FLSA: Non Exempt, Hourly, Full-Time (40 hours a Week)
Reports To: Director of Programs
Serving more than 300,000 adults and children each year, the Connecticut Science Center is the state’s premier destination for informal science learning, a top tourist attraction, a hub for teacher training, and one of the state’s foremost resources for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). The Programs Administrator will oversee the coordination of logistics for our Programs Team, including the Joyce D. and Andrew J. Mandell Academy for Teachers, STEM Education programming serving students and youth across Connecticut, as well as public programming for onsite visitors. As a vital member of the Programs team this position will help implement the strategic direction of our programming, build relationships with internal and external partners, and support the education team in their efforts to bring STEM-learning experiences to all.
- Manage and coordinate administrative tasks related to all educational programs, including but not limited to scheduling of staff and managing the organization and flow of information and resources.
- Provide ongoing, broad administrative support to the Programs Department team members.
- Order and track materials for the Mandell Academy, student programs, public programs, and the Teen Innovation program.
- Provide administrative support to the Mandell Academy for Teachers, including tracking registration and participation, creating rosters and sign in materials, and assisting with the set-up and breakdown.
- Provide administrative support to the STEM Education team regarding public, school, and youth programs.
- Interface with other staff and departments to coordinate any grant funding associated with managed projects.
- Work with finance to submit and track invoices and payments associated with managed projects
- Help develop and administer an informational database to track and report on activities with key accounts and contacts and manage process flow of interactions with these constituents
- Set up, monitor and support the use of multiple digital platforms and related resources
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required with proven ability to expertly manage multiple tasks independently with grace and good humor in a fast paced, highly demanding environment
- Some college education preferred
- Dependable and adaptable with good problem-solving and time management skills
- Experience in an educational or other non-profit environment preferred
- Excellent customer service skills dealing with both internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail, highly accurate and timely data-input and processing skills
- Strong aptitude for learning and using digital tools and platforms
- Accomplished user of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook PowerPoint and Excel on a PC platform
- A strong willingness to support diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion efforts for all communities
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and some holidays as needed
- Ability to work onsite
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing.
- Moderate to long periods of standing and sitting for several hours in duration are required.
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reaching with hands and arms, push, pull
- Consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Qualified applicants will go through an application process, interview process and must successfully complete a background check.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume package to HR@CTScienceCenter.org by August 6, 2021. Please reference “Programs Administrator.”
The Connecticut Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Programs Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly