Senior Marketing Specialist - Various Locations
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Senior Marketing Specialist, Business Development leads marketing activities for WWP peer-to-peer fundraising events and ensures alignment between peer-to-peer fundraising business objectives and the development, implementation, and optimization of marketing campaigns and activities to drive awareness, affinity, acquisition, and fundraising among WWP supporters, donors, and corporate partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Peer-to-Peer Fundraising, Communications, Corporate Partnerships, and Marketing teammates to develop data-driven marketing strategies to meet organizational and peer-to-peer fundraising business objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact and marketing subject matter expert for peer-to-peer fundraising. Manage relationships and establish rapport with internal teams and external marketing agencies.
- Ensure compliance and consistency with WWP brand and sub-brands across marketing initiatives, e.g., messaging framework, visual assets, and key terminology.
- Lead the creative/content development process for peer-to-peer fundraising marketing plans and campaigns, e.g., messaging, print collateral, websites, apps, email communications, multimedia assets, digital ads, radio, and TV.
- Research and identify market trends to inform data-driven marketing strategies and optimize results with the Insights & Analytics team.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and activities. Prepare reports for leadership and stakeholders.
- Work with Marketing management to develop innovative multichannel marketing plans including timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Lead project management for marketing plans through implementation, leading a cross-functional integrated team.
- Assist with annual budget planning, tracking, and reforecasting for marketing activities.
- Provide general marketing support for special events, campaigns, and other organizational initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of developing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience with multichannel marketing, including print and digital channels.
- Portfolio of past, successful marketing campaigns.
- Effective written communication skills. Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated effective research skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, prioritize tasks, and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse team members and build effective working relationships with team members, and work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize critical thinking skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Six years of marketing experience.
- Three years of experience developing marketing plans and leading multichannel marketing campaigns, including print and digital channels. Portfolio of successful marketing campaigns.
- Three years of nonprofit experience focused on fundraising or on a non-traditional grassroots participatory event series.
- Three years of experience managing cross-functional teams on integrated projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or business. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 5% travel.
- Sitting for extended periods.