Director of Patron Relations
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reports to: Vice President, Institutional Advancement
Department: Institutional Advancement
The Director of Patron Relations is responsible for using data-driven approaches to attracting, engaging, soliciting, and renewing non-managed donors; overseeing the advancement department’s database of record with one direct report; being the department’s principal coordinator with the school’s marketing group; managing donor-focused communications for the advancement department; and overseeing a young donors networking group.Essential Functions: Database Strategy:
- Serves as the department’s lead strategist for Curtis’s database of record (Raiser’s Edge).
- Supervises a CRM/database analyst responsible for database administration, data integrity for all constituents, gift processing, production of tax receipts/acknowledgments, list pulling, and reconciliation with the business office.
- Works as needed with outside Raiser’s Edge consultants to undertake data projects of importance.
- Creates and implements an annual plan to acquire, retain, and upgrade constituents through data-driven approaches such as lead-matching.
- Utilizes patron information captured through performance registrations and ticket sales to expand the prospect pool and increase annual support.
- Collaborates with the marketing department to seek creative ways to engage patrons.
- Oversees several direct response campaigns per year, focusing on first-time donors and unmanaged donors giving up to $5,000 per year with a targeted strategy for upgrades and renewals.
- Oversees the #GivingTuesday campaign and other anniversary-driven fundraising initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director of Stewardship, manage a multi-faceted and highly engaging stewardship cycle for all unmanaged donors.
- Participate with department colleagues on event-driven fundraising initiatives such as the school’s annual spring gala.
- Provides support to Crescendo Club leadership to attract and retain younger donors to Curtis.
- Works across the advancement department to coordinate and execute donor-oriented mass email communications for all constituents.
- Continually strategizes on how to move donors from unmanaged to managed status.
- Coordinates with Manager of Audience Development to ensure that donor needs are being met in the area of ticketing for public performances.
- Provides timely advice to the marketing and communications departments regarding the segmentation of the database for ticket sales and other institutional efforts.
- Updates relevant portions of Curtis’s content calendar to ensure proper coordination of outgoing communications.
- Plans and tracks budgets for patron services activities.
- Participates in department and school-wide meetings.
- Respond appropriately and in a timely fashion to key stakeholders and staff.
- Share responsibility for reaching overall fundraising and participation goals.
- Participate in related professional organizations and training to ensure knowledge of emerging trends and industry best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to successfully achieve advancement department goals.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading the strategy and execution of a multi-channel, direct response fundraising operation
- Creativity in using analytics, data segmentation, and innovative direct response tactics to widen the donor pool
- An individual excited about creating data-driven strategies and donor communications to enliven and improve engagement with existing donors
- Proven ability to craft compelling written communications and impactful presentations
- In-depth and versatile understanding of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud products
- Ability to manage and collaborate with co-workers with empathy and resolve
- Customer-service mindset
- improving upon and keeping front of mind personal and institutional practices to make Curtis ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- maintaining a collaborative mindset in a small but high achieving organization.
- administrative excellence that matches the excellence of the Curtis student body.
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for their work, and an ability to effect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Routine for office environment
Night/weekend work occasionally required
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu
Apply for Director of Patron Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly