Research Analyst, Private Foundation
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The LOR Foundation, which works with people in rural places to improve quality of life, is looking for a research analyst. The research analyst is responsible for collecting and managing community data sets that contribute to LOR’s understanding of livability issues and trends across the Mountain West. The research analyst will identify, import, and clean the data when needed, and manage a data visualization platform, and will also contribute to other data collection and research projects that help LOR better support rural communities in the West.
The ideal candidate comes to LOR with extensive experience working with data, an understanding of issues facing rural communities and associated sources of data, a passion for problem solving, and experience using data as an agent of change. This full-time role requires a curious disposition to understand the role of data in solving community challenges, and strong skills communicating data to external audiences.Primary Responsibilities
- Run data sets in current LOR communities on a regular basis; manage indicators and data sources
- Manage and maintain the digital data display platforms
- Collect data and conduct analysis in support of initiatives in LOR focus areas
- Engage with subject matter experts on research data
- Conduct desk research to support discrete research initiatives and network analysis
- Collaborate with program and communications team and follow relevant social, local, and regional media to identify significant developments and trends
- Support organization-wide efforts to understand and measure impact
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:Education
- College degree (required); master’s degree (preferred)
- University studies in community development, or topics related to the Mountain West or to rural communities are a plus
- Minimum of five years related work experience preferred (e.g., data analysis, business/community development, research project management) and a demonstrated track record of managing data sets and communicating findings
- Experience using Stata or other comparable statistics software
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with data visualization software
- Proficiency with georeferenced data and some knowledge of mapping platforms such as ArcGIS a plus
- Deep knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to communicate complex data issues in plain language
- Data science academic background or providing data science support for academic research a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated reliability, and attention to detail; excellent written and oral communication; experience and comfort using various technical systems for internal communications, research science, and task management, e.g., Salesforce, Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Word and Excel, Basecamp, and/or Slack
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications, including a cover letter describing the candidate’s interest and qualifications, résumé, and where the candidate learned of the position, should be sent to: email@example.com. (See this posting in full at https://lorfoundation.org/careers/research-analyst/.)
LOR Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion.
LOR is a private foundation that works with rural communities in the Mountain West to improve quality of life. Our name shares our values: livability, opportunity, and responsibility, and we believe that many small actions can create lasting change. Our goal is to be nimble, moving quickly to help solve problems communities have identified as priorities. Sometimes that help is funding, and sometimes it’s simply connecting people and organizations with resources—and to each other.
Our work is place-based and driven by a community’s vision for its future—that’s why we hire local community officers who are well-connected to their towns. We listen to communities to better understand what they need and how we can help. Today, we are working within Taos County, New Mexico; Lander, Wyoming; Cortez, Colorado, and we will begin working with a community in Montana and a second in Colorado soon.
To learn more about our community-driven approach, read our Solution Stories at https://lorfoundation.org/solutions.