Program Associate, US Jewish Grantmaking
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Schusterman grantee partners, other Schusterman staff members, peers in the philanthropic sector and thought-leaders in the field;
- Reviewing grant proposals and reports submitted by grantees in Schusterman’s U.S. Jewish portfolio, with particular focus on organizations working to support North Americans’ relationship with and education about Israel and Israelis;
- Composing clear, concise and insightful written analyses (financial and narrative) and recommendations for funding for review by Schusterman leadership;
- Identifying possible partners, projects and opportunities, and building collaborative relationships within and outside Schusterman organization (e.g. with existing grantees, prospective grantees, experts in the community and other stakeholders);
- Staying well-informed of developments in the field through relevant literature, research, networking and representing the philanthropy at conferences and meetings;
- Managing research projects and composing analyses to identify and close gaps in the field and support the improvement of Schusterman’s grantmaking strategies;
- Working with the Evaluation and Learning team to collect, evaluate and track grantee data and metrics;
- Conducting grantee site visits and supporting external convenings.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment, and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally gained in a foundation, Jewish community organization, academic institution and/or relevant nonprofit or for-profit organization required.
- An ongoing commitment to the mission and values of Schusterman Family Philanthropies required.
- Strong analytical and research abilities necessary to evaluate grants and to collect and evaluate data required.
- Exceptional relationship management, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Understanding of philanthropy and community dynamics, familiarity with local, national and international Jewish organizations required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
- High attention to detail, willingness to be hands-on, and an ability to work independently and to handle a high workload with resiliency required.
- A sense of humor, honesty, humility and a positive attitude required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations required.
- Excellent technological skills and ability to learn new systems and technology quickly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and basic web skills is required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other databases a plus.
- Ability to travel upon occasion required.
Competitive salary band of $70,000-$90,000 based on experience and on Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
This position description is based upon material provided by Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies, an equal opportunity employer.
Jessica Hammerman, Talent Consultant
To apply to this position please visit http://drgsearch.com/current-searches/?rpid=ODVugUPT0Rc
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.