Director of Strategic Partnerships
Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
Reading is Fundamental is seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships as a key part of the RIF's Development team. The position oversees a large portfolio of RIF's corporate partnerships and is fully responsible for all activities for sponsorship fulfillment, stewardship and growth, along with new donor cultivation.
- Serves in an account service role, providing day-to-day relationship management for assigned corporate and foundation partners. Leads donor solicitation, stewardship, communication and issue resolution for assigned accounts, with the support of one direct report.
- Supports new business strategies, supported by third-party agency for pipeline development and outreach, to secure project specific, as well as unrestricted corporate funds to support RIF's mission. Conceptualize, develop, and present funding concepts and pitches to leading multinational corporations. Actively solicits six to seven-figure gifts from assigned accounts; responsible for meeting annual personal fundraising targets in support of the overall development team's operating revenue goals.
- Seeks ways to broaden partner support across philanthropic giving, cause marketing and employee engagement to build holistic partnership in support of RIF's mission.
- Prepares gift solicitations and stewardship documents; helps conceive and execute partners' cause marketing programs; coordinates among internal teams at RIF to create content and ensure strong cause marketing activation at national and local levels.
- Operationalizes partnership co-marketing, public relations, and advertising initiatives as a function of the broader RIF development platform.
- Builds a defined donor strategy for this portfolio of relationships under the supervision of the Vice President of Development. Seeks ways to broader partners' support across philanthropic giving, cause marketing and employee engagement to build holistic partnership in support of RIF's mission.
- Builds collaborative relationships with RIF affiliates and program sites for the linkage of corporate partnerships between the local and national levels.
- Provides support to the Vice President of Development and other leaders on the development team as requested.
- Participates in cross-functional committee work and special projects as an experienced representative of the corporate partnerships team.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 7-12 active Corporate and Foundation Partners.
- Responsible for stewarding and growing $4-5 million annually in support of the Development team's revenue goals.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Seven years or more of experience in supporting high level account management, preferably in a national non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated experience and track record in corporate fundraising and/or revenue management.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills, a collaborative mindset.
- Exemplary project management experience, overseeing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and aggressive timelines.
- Experience in developing proposals and reports for multi-million-dollar gifts.
- Experience working on cause-marketing campaigns development highly desirable.
- Experience in peer-to-peer fundraising walks/runs/events.
- Learning agility, able to learn and articulate a complex, evolving mission and work.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to work with limited supervision when necessary.
- A deep commitment to the mission of RIF and ending the literacy crisis in America.
- Approximately 25% - 40% travel required.
RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, generous annual leave, a 403(b) plan with company contribution and company paid life and disability.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter including your salary requirement and resume for consideration.
RIF is an equal opportunity employer.